LXX Rahlfs Tagged (parallels)

miclew

I am working with Bel and the Dragon. I have LXX Rahlfs Tagged (parallels) open and I have NRSV with Strongs and RSV Apocrypha also open. Starting with verse 8 the verses do not line up. Part of verse 8 in the LXX is in verse 9 of the NRSV and RSV. The real verse 9 starts in the middle of verse 9 of the translations and the last half of verse 9 is in verse 10 in the translations. Verse 10 is the last half of verse 10 in the translations. Verse 11 is split between verse 11 and 12 in the translations. In other words, the verse in the LXX do not line up with the verses in the translations. With verse 11 it starts out lining up but then half of verse 11 is in verse 12 in the translations.

Edited by miclew

Are you using the latest version of Accordance?  (13.1.3)

Do the modules in question have content updates available?

The behavior you describe is not happening for me.  I'm using Accordance 13.1.3, with v5.2 of LXX2, v4.0 of NRSVS, and v2.0 of RSVA

Note that there will be versification differences between the different English translations, and between different editions of the LXX as well (Swete and Rahlfs are both quite different in places). However, we try to align content as much as possible.

My program is is up to date (program and modules). This is the first time I have ever seen this, 

Are you able to post a screenshot of the bug so I can get a better understanding of what you're experiencing?

Hi Silas,

I'm pretty it's the versification issue that Mark mentions. Its visible in the image below.

post-32023-0-51106600-1596722222_thumb.jpg

@miclew, while looking over this - I hadn't really looked at this before - I came across these notes published about NETS and Bel http://ccat.sas.upenn.edu/nets/edition/41-bel-nets.pdfwhich might be of interested.

Thx

D