Redownload Resources?

Diatheke76

Why did the mobile app take all the resources I had downloaded?

I was looking for a carta resource and couldn’t find it and then a Sacra journal and couldn’t find it. I clicked on easy install and it serms it wants to down everything I own...Did this happen happen because of the latest update?

Thanks!

Ps. Wow, not good! Now I’m stuck trying to download 48G of content in my phone! What happened?

Edited by Diatheke76

Did you hit the "Download All" button?

Did you hit the "Download All" button?

Yes, but canceled when I saw it was 48.8G.

I also remember finally being able to sync my Iphone so I could finally have my Paper documents showing in my mobile device. Maybe that did something? If it did, why would it remove the resources and ask to download them again?

Thanks!

I think I misunderstood what you were saying in your first post.  Your resources got deleted when you updated Accordance?  Was this on iOS or Android?

iOS (iPhone 6S Plus). I don’t know if it was after the update or after syncing Papers, but all CARTA resources, journals, commentaries, etc. got deleted. I’m left with a few texts and basic Matthew Henry commentary. The rest of the resources I own need to be reinstalled.

It sounds like you either transferred to a new phone, or did some sort of content reset to your phone.  Many apps retain their information when restoring from an update, but we were told by Apple not to do that as it is too much space on the backup, so things must be redownloaded.

Same iPhone, I just had never synced it. Maybe that reset everything.

Joel,

Is it possible to reconsider that decision to not retain the backup? Reinstalling Accordance modules on iOS is painful.

The reason for not backing them up is sound. Yet I wonder if there was a way for the app to retain the names of the modules we want (usually a much smaller subset of what is on our computer), and access that when restoring to a tablet or phone.

This is a suggestion for a feature.  :rolleyes: Probably easier to articulate than to implement.  :huh: