I am getting seriously frustrated!

RevM

I really want to like Accordance. It ought to be a great piece of software, and it used to be. But it has caused me nothing but grief since updated to v13!

• Scrolling through texts is ssssllllooooowwwwww.
  • It keeps asking me for texts I've never installed, and don't want to install.
  • Every time I open a new workspace the menus become inoperable
  • It crashes regularly
  • Syncing to DropBox is out of the question
  • And there is no dark mode, which was promised.

Resetting options and clearing caches helps, but only for a short time. But then I lose all my options (obviously).

I have two moderately fast and VERY stable computers (at home and in the office), and a Microsoft Surface. None is free rom Accordance woes.

Please can you help, this experience is not good for my sanctification.

• Scrolling through texts is ssssllllooooowwwwww.
  • It keeps asking me for texts I've never installed, and don't want to install.
  • Every time I open a new workspace the menus become inoperable
  • It crashes regularly
  • Syncing to DropBox is out of the question
  • And there is no dark mode, which was promised.

I can relate to some of these things, as Windows user.  #1, #4, and #6 apply to me, although some very good work on the part of the Accordance team thankfully reduced the crashing I was having.  Words can't quantify how much time I spent dealing with crashes, and various things--sometimes 3-5 crashes per day, for over a year.

Needless to say, I'm very grateful for the terrific help I received (and I don't suggest that anything was owed to me, because my setup is definitely in the minority, and one can't expect a company to bend over backwards for every single person.)

However, I can relate to slow scrolling, as I've experienced a constant delay of at least 1 second ever since day one.  Usually, it's 1-2 seconds delay when scrolling, copying, pasting, or typing.  And I've also been wondering where Dark Mode, even though it isn't a priority for me.

My guess is that #2 and #3 would be something easy for Accordance to fix for you.  I would say, Hang in there, and wait until you get the help you need.  The people in this company are magnificent.  Depending on your Windows setup, maybe there is something I can help with.  Feel free to message me if you want to try.

Edited by TYA

• 3 months later...

Hi Reverend,

I was actually looking for something else and I came across your post.  If you have not already gotten this corrected, please contact us in support. You can email us directly at support@accordancebible.com or call us at 407-339-0266. It sounds as if you may have damaged installations. We can help with that.

Let us know if you still need assistance.

Billy

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...