Daily Readings/Devotionals

Eect

Good evening,

Does anyone know how or even if you can choose what day to read within daily devotionals on iPad? For example I like using Butlers Daily Bible volumes as my daily readings but would like to start in the gospel of John which this series won’t actually get to until Nov. other than manually clicking the “next day” arrow on iPad is there an easier way to go about doing this?

It can be done fairly easily on OS: If the devotional is set up by date, you can set the search bar for "titles", then type in "November"; then on clicking on "+" add another title for the date. However, looking at my iPad, I don't see any search capabilities.

So unless there's something that isn't very visible, I guess that would be a request to add.

I don t have butler but with the esv daily reading plan, dont open 'daily reading' from the main library menu, instead open 'tools' and scroll down to 'devotionals' and open that. Hopefully butler is in it and you can open it and select november from the menu at the top left. 

this is what it looks like in esv daily reading plan and you can scroll to november and then select start date. 

post-31185-0-63160000-1589189714_thumb.png

Edited by ukfraser
  • Like 1

Just noticed, opening it via devotionals, you also have search in top right so can search for your scripture if you dont know the date. 

I really appreciate some of the behind the scenes stuff in mobile, but as always wish for more, particularly when its inconsistent or directly impacts on the way im working at that moment!

;o) 

post-31185-0-97219400-1589193745_thumb.jpeg

Edited by ukfraser

Thanks, unfortunately Butlers Daily Bible volumes are organized under the Daily Reading section and not devotionals & therefore can’t search by date.

Interesting, esv daily reading plan is in both daily reading and devotional

Daily Reading is just a way to quickly access a preferred devotional. All tools like that are organized somewhere in the library, so if it's not under devotionals, then it's just been categorized somewhere else (maybe try Biblical Studies or just search for it.) Wherever it's been sorted, you should be able to open it as a regular tool.

Thanks jonathan,

Or may be in commentaries as thats how its listed on the web site. And once youve found it in your library, you can move it to devotionals or create a folder so its easy to find in the future. 

Edited by ukfraser

Ah I see.. it's stored under tools > writings. Once I open it from there I'm able to see the search bar. Thanks!!

Great.

If you click edit when in writings you can select it and move it to devotionals or wherever it makes sense to you.

I found it worth going through each folder in my library making sure the tools were in folders that made sense to me as some were in very odd folders. 

post-31185-0-10777600-1589263672_thumb.jpeg

Edited by ukfraser