Syntax module Support in iPadOS

henryaukc

Hi, 

I am thrilled to find out that the package I bought included the syntax module already (But I didn’t install....)

I found that in the product description:

The Mobile Accordance app has very limited support at present for the syntax modules.

This Greek Syntax module was developed from the ground up for Accordance. It adds several features and enhancements, allowing you to:
1. View a color-coded Greek syntax tree in parallel with your Bible (Not Yet)
2. Hover over GNT28-T words to see their syntactical tags in Instant Details (Support)
3. Search the GNT28-T using syntactical tags(Support)
4. Drag and drop syntactical tags within the Greek Construct window (Not Yet)

I wanna confirm if 2 or 3 are now fully support in the iOS platform and if there is any plan to add 1 and 4. I am a iPad Pro only user. Thanks a lot.

• Like 1

Yes, 2/3 both work in iOS. 1/4 do not work yet as the iOS version currently does not have a way to display special graphical features like the syntax tree or construct window. I don’t work for Accordance so I can’t comment on their plans to implement these features in the future.

• Like 1

thanks. I understand the difficulties in the syntax tree but as a former programmer myself, I expect we can build up complex search string without using the construct window. If we can use the construct window in the desktop and translate the construct window content to “search command string” then we may copy it to the iOS to use as well?

• Like 1

And as a programmer myself, I had the same assumption myself at one point. Not the case alas.

Thx

D

• Like 1