Complete Biblical Library

Daniel  Francis

I own this item in WordSearch. I appreciate that the introductory offer is far more deep discount than your typical crossgrade, but I wanted to inquire just in case I missed it, if there is an upgrade offer for those who own it elsewhere digitally.

-dan

Dan, I've inquired about this but probably won't be able to give you a definitive answer until tomorrow (Wednesday).

• Like 1

Thanks 

-dan

Hi, my question is not about crossgrade, but about the product.

Could somebody please give some more description about the content of this commentary?

I would like to learn more about its critical or denominational point of view and its purpose (for preaching, academic study, etc.).

The product page speaks of 500 bible scholars, is there a way to see who some of these are to get some better knowledge of the content?

There are few information about this even in the web that I could find.

I'm working on a blog post and video that will go live late this afternoon or tomorrow.

• Like 3

The crossgrade products have been approved and set up for the CBL products.

• Like 2

I'm working on a blog post and video that will go live late this afternoon or tomorrow.

Video was finally completed on Friday, and blog post went up today. See here.

• Like 1

And very good it is too! You know we are never satisfied and mega lazy, do you think the greek transliterations will ever be hyperlinked to the cbl greek dictionary? 

• Like 3

I don't know. And I have no insight as to why it didn't come with links and CBL GED numbering.

The video is excellent and gives a thorough description of what is on offer. 

Can you do a video similar to this for every Accordance product?

• Like 3

The video is excellent and gives a thorough description of what is on offer. 

Can you do a video similar to this for every Accordance product?

Thanks. I actually wish I could create a video for each new product we release. Unfortunately, as anyone knows who does it, video editing can take up more time than anything else I do.

Right now, I'm in the process of updating all of our short little videos on our Accordance Features page so that the interface reflects v. 13. Regardless, going forward, we're going to try to have more videos more often. And when we move to the new website (which really is in progress), we will have an all new video page that can be used in a complementary way to our new Accordance 13 built-in tutorials.

• Like 8

Thanks. I actually wish I could create a video for each new product we release. Unfortunately, as anyone knows who does it, video editing can take up more time than anything else I do.

Right now, I'm in the process of updating all of our short little videos on our Accordance Features page so that the interface reflects v. 13. Regardless, going forward, we're going to try to have more videos more often. And when we move to the new website (which really is in progress), we will have an all new video page that can be used in a complementary way to our new Accordance 13 built-in tutorials.

Thanks Rick for all your work and to team Accordance.  I am looking forward to the new website.  I also consider you to be a Jeepologist amongst all the other things you do.

G

Edited by calton
  • Like 2

Hi, my question is not about crossgrade, but about the product.

Could somebody please give some more description about the content of this commentary?

I would like to learn more about its critical or denominational point of view and its purpose (for preaching, academic study, etc.).

The product page speaks of 500 bible scholars, is there a way to see who some of these are to get some better knowledge of the content?

There are few information about this even in the web that I could find.

I'd like to know too. It looks like a good layout with plenty of detail but before buying I'd like to know a few more details such as denominational/theological perspective. It looks like its focus is for both preaching and study without too much technical information.  is that correct?

I'd like to know too. It looks like a good layout with plenty of detail but before buying I'd like to know a few more details such as denominational/theological perspective. It looks like its focus is for both preaching and study without too much technical information.  is that correct?

We posted this elsewhere, but here is the full list of contributors (PDF document).

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

So it isn’t the real CBL

• Like 1

So what Accordanance is selling is not "the real CBL"? How does it dffer from the real CBL?

So what Accordanance is selling is not "the real CBL"? How does it dffer from the real CBL?

Well, it is the real CBL; however, we opted not to include parts of it that we felt Accordance did better on its own. Here's the note from the product page:

Note: Print editions of the Complete Biblical Library include additional content. The CBL Greek grammar is in development and will be added at a later date. The CBL Gospel parallels and CBL Interlinear did not add extra value over similar material already included in Accordance, so we do not have plans to release these two components for Accordance.

The CBL Gospel Harmony is included at the end of the NT Study Bible, vol 1. Its just not in the "Parallels" format like our Gospel Parallels (Aland) module.

post-31158-0-78795300-1596828952_thumb.png

post-31158-0-13162600-1596828971_thumb.png

*In other words, the format of Accordance's CBL NT Study Bible follows that of the revised print edition. Accordance's version of the CBL OT Study Bible follows the same format as the NT. (The OT print edition was never revised.) 

Edited by Jordan S
  • Like 3

I don't know. And I have no insight as to why it didn't come with links and CBL GED numbering.

So...Does this mean that even WORDsearch doesn’t include the CBL GED numbering. I figure that would be the case since you say “...it didn’t come with links and CBL GED numbering.”

Is there a way Accordance could create those?

I’m still debating whether to get the CBL or not even though it’s in a way “Incomplete.”

Thanks!

So...Does this mean that even WORDsearch doesn’t include the CBL GED numbering. I figure that would be the case since you say “...it didn’t come with links and CBL GED numbering.”

Is there a way Accordance could create those?

I’m still debating whether to get the CBL or not even though it’s in a way “Incomplete.”

Thanks!

Well, I don't think I myself need another gospels harmony, or a Greek grammar.  I do notice that the hard cover version of CBL (OT + NT) costs something like $7000.00 on Amazon!!!  I wonder how many sets they can sell at that price?

Well I don’t need an incomplete work that claims to be complete. It defeats the purpose. It’s like trying to sell a comic book but it’s missing pages of original content.

So for now I’ll skip it.

I myself am interested in it but i seem to be a little hesitant, if anyone from a reformed perspective has this product will you please chime in.