How Do I Reconcile "Conflicting" User Note Files

rkbishop

While syncing my iPad to Dropbox (I sync my iPhone and two Macs this way too), I just noticed that two new User Notes files--each named the same title as my User Notes file plus "(Ryan Bishop's Conflicting copy)" and "(Ryan Bishop's Conflicting copy) (1)"

I back up several times a day, however, I have tons of important notes here, so I don't want to mess up in trying to reconcile without guidance. Please advise on how to carefully reconcile.

"(Ryan Bishop's Conflicting copy)" is added by Dropbox, not by Accordance.  Usually, if both files have been edited, conflicting notes are either resolved automatically, or a window pops up asking how to handle them, depending on whether the "Automatically Resolve User Note Conflicts" preference is enabled.  I think the only time dropbox adds "Conflicting copy" to the name is if two machines are synced with dropbox at almost the same time, so dropbox doesn't know which file it got first, which means Accordance never gets the opportunity to resolve them.