Unstable in MacOS

Wanderer

Hi

I have Acc13 but not very many resources as I have been using another bible software. I've started to go through the learning elements in Accordance to get to grips with it but it crashes regularly.

If I do a search then delete/clear the search window it has a tendency to stay there. For example, I did a search based on the learning module. After I'd cleared it I'd find that the search results pain would keep popping up everytime I clicked something. Which brings me onto THE biggest problem I am having. There doesn't appear to be any logical way these panes open.

I can be on a 3 panel display, click on a word then two additional panels will open at the botton with word definitions. I can then be entering another verse and my hand will sweep across the track pad (no clicks or taps) and windows will configure somewhere else, The 3 panel will become two, the NKJV I had as my main bible has become the ESV. The two panels at the bottom become one.  Sometimes, I click on parellel to open another resource and I find that wretched search results pane appears and the bible I clicked is in another tab.

I spend most of my time trying to figure out where these panes are opening. I can't find a 'back' button to return to previous view or 'reset' although I'm sure they must be there somewhere.

Have I got a dud or is the 2013 Mac I'm running too old to cope with Acc13?

Thanks

I'll try to respond to a few points, in no particular order.

is the 2013 Mac I'm running too old to cope with Acc13?

What version of MacOS are you using?  I've seen Accordance work well (except for a few unavailable features) on systems as old as Mac 10.7 (Lion).

I've started to go through the learning elements in Accordance to get to grips with it but it crashes regularly.

There should be a dialog that pops up after the crash that gives you the option to view the crash report.  If you can post the contents of the crash log as a reply here, I will look into them.

I can be on a 3 panel display, click on a word then two additional panels will open at the botton with word definitions.

This sounds like you have live click turned on.  If you don't like it, uncheck the box that says "Live Click".  You can have it off by default in new tabs by going to Preference > Search Tabs > uncheck "Enable Live Click"

I can then be entering another verse and my hand will sweep across the track pad (no clicks or taps) and windows will configure somewhere else, The 3 panel will become two, the NKJV I had as my main bible has become the ESV. The two panels at the bottom become one.

I'm only guessing, but this sounds like you have switched between two different windows by using a swipe gesture.  This is a mac operating system function, and has nothing to do with Accordance.

Edited by Silas Marrs

Thanks for the tips. I'm on Catalina 10.15.4.

Found the live-click default off, which helps.

Still getting used to when it will open things in a new tab or in a new side window. The search function is driving me mad at the moment. I have a book open as my main text and type a word I want to look for in the search bar. It will then replace my main text with the results of the search word from Genesis onwards. However, I have been unable to locate a 'back' button to return to the place of my main text. I may have been imagining it but I am sure at one point the search results opened in another tab or window. 

• Like 1

If you don't want to replace the contents of your tab, open a new tab to do the search in.  The easiest way is probably to use Command+D to duplicate your current tab.  Or if the word you are searching for is one you see in the text, you can right click it and click "Search For -> Word", which will search for that word in a fresh tab with the same text.