Syncing my libraries/workspaces across mac

David Foster

My apologies if this has been answered but I tried searching for a similar post but couldn't find one. 

I installed Accordance on my work mac and synced it with dropbox but when I went into my library I realized that the library folder structures I have on my laptop didn't transfer over. I then went and checked my workspaces and those were missing as well. 

Am I doing something wrong? 

I'm really hoping I don't have to recreate my library!

Thanks!

• Like 1

These have both been requested over the years since sync has appeared. Alas not yet. But I agree workspace and library org syncing would be really useful.

thx

D

David, if you reference my article on backing up Accordance, look at the chart about midway through the article that shows where your preferences files are. If you copy these files from one computer to their other, your Library should be duplicated on the second computer. Hopefully, we will eventually have syncing folder structures sooner rather than later. 

• Like 4

Great! Thanks Rick... I'll give that a try. 

• 2 weeks later...

Things have been going great Rick. However, I just wasn't sure what how to transfer the papers document I've been working on so those changes are back on my laptop? Do I have to go back in to that same folder and just copy the papers folder? 

You can sync papers via Dropbox. Or you can copy the Papers folder from the Documents\Accordance files folder.

Thanks Rick. I checked the preferences and everything is supposed to be syncing however the most recent changes on my work computer (I just started using accordance on this computer) aren't showing up on my laptop. 

Also, when I go to click on sync with dropbox on my computers, nothing happens... nor will they shut down! 

Any ideas? 

Edited by David Foster

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys, I really need help. My iMac is dying on me and I have to swipe the whole drive and the paper I've spent hours on isn't syncing with papers on my laptop. I've checked the preferences on both computers and under syncing 'papers' is selected. Is this a bug or am I missing a setting?

Could someone help me out? I really don't want to loose all the work I've put in! 

Thanks kindly

PS This is what my preferences folder look like on my desktop (I just recently moved the preference files here from my laptop)... perhaps there's something missing here?

post-31126-0-14832900-1589475161_thumb.png

Edited by David Foster

All your saved files should be in your Documents/Accordance Files, including Papers and Workspaces.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Helen, i found the files- thanks!

I still have one problem however. My papers aren't syncing across my devices. I had installed Accordance on my work computer a few months ago and then transferred the preferences file over as well but the only thing that's not syncing in papers. I understand that Papers won't sync on iOS but I was told they should sync across mac platforms. 

Any idea why this is happening or how to fix it? 

David, papers also will sync to/from iOS, as well as over WiFi sync.

Are you sure the Papers checkbox is selected in the Syncing prefs for both computers?

Hi Joel, both devices are syncing via dropbox and yes box boxes are checked for syncing papers. 

If you go to your Dropbox/Apps/Accordance, is there a Papers folder containing any files?

• Like 1

Yes, all the files are there... and it shows when the papers file were last updated. 

It sounds like they are definitely getting synced then, at least part of the way.  How are you sure that they aren't syncing?