Hotkeys for Next/Previous Hit Stopped Working

why1942

So, I was checking the ability to search content in a new book I just imported and the shortcut key combination Ctrl+Alt (up/down arrow) suddenly stopped working to go from hit to hit or back hit by hit. It was working fine, then has now just stopped.

I've shut down the software a couple times, but it's still not working. Clicking on the tiny arrows still works, but these are pretty much unusable for me. The shortcut keys were a perfect solution.

Any ideas on how to get them working again?

w

So, I was checking the ability to search content in a new book I just imported and the shortcut key combination Ctrl+Alt (up/down arrow) suddenly stopped working to go from hit to hit or back hit by hit. It was working fine, then has now just stopped.

I've shut down the software a couple times, but it's still not working. Clicking on the tiny arrows still works, but these are pretty much unusable for me. The shortcut keys were a perfect solution.

Any ideas on how to get them working again?

w

Okay. I had to restart my entire computer but now the function is back. Not sure what happened or if/when it will go out again. Hope this doesn't become a pattern of woo woo.

w

• Like 1

Yep. The Shortcut Key Ctrl+Alt+Up/Down Arrow key keeps breaking intermittently. I've restarted the program but it does not fix the problem. The Hit arrows still work. I can't keep restarting my computer to get this function working again. Not sure what's happening. 

w

Is it possible you have some other program on your computer that uses the same key combination for something, preventing them from reaching Accordance?

Is it possible you have some other program on your computer that uses the same key combination for something, preventing them from reaching Accordance?

I wish it was that easy. But, I have no other program running that uses that key combination. It is intermittent. When I open the program it is anyone's guess whether the key combination will work. Sometimes it does. Sometimes it doesn't. Clicking on the "hits" arrows always works. When it doesn't work, I've always had to restart my entire laptop before it comes back. I've pretty much given up on the option since I can't restart my computer every time it stops working.  

w