English Interlinear Disappears

why1942

I have four different combined texts I've set up. LXX1+TR, LXX1+NA28, LXX1+THGNT, and HEB+TR.

I also have two main interlinear presets that I toggle on and off whenever needed. 1. Just displays the gloss for each original text. 2. Displays the gloss + NKJV, NET, ESV, KJV. 

#1 Interlinear preset works fine on all combined texts (though it does not like it when I switch between combined texts w/ the Interlinear selected, but toggle off/on brings the gloss back).

In any of the combined text, when switching from a NT reference to an OT reference, the #2 Interlinear preset and all its associated English translations disappear from the dropdown list and toggling the preset does nothing (it seems to break whenever I switch from NT to LXX and appears to do so on each combined text I use).

I have to close and restart the program and then the options reappear.

Any ideas? 

w

It appears to be an issue with the LXX Ralhf's Tagged module. All Modern English versions disappear when I'm in the LXX text but reappear when I switch back to NT books (in the Greek Text). Could it be the extra books in the LXX (because the modern versions don't have these books)?  Are there any options here?

w

When in the OT, the English texts you are used to are keyed to the Hebrew, not the LXX.  Thus, you can't place them underneath.  For a text that doesn't align to any Key or Strong's texts, like the LXX1 (also many other grammatically tagged extrabiblical texts), your only options are data that can be directly read from the text, like its lexical form, tag, gloss, etc.  LXX also offers MT-LXX, placing the Hebrew in interlinear, if you own that database.

When in the OT, the English texts you are used to are keyed to the Hebrew, not the LXX.  Thus, you can't place them underneath.  For a text that doesn't align to any Key or Strong's texts, like the LXX1 (also many other grammatically tagged extrabiblical texts), your only options are data that can be directly read from the text, like its lexical form, tag, gloss, etc.  LXX also offers MT-LXX, placing the Hebrew in interlinear, if you own that database.

If you use the MT-LXX in Interlinear, can I then utilize all the other english translations in the interlinear also? 

w

If you use the MT-LXX in Interlinear, can I then utilize all the other english translations in the interlinear also? 

w

So, looking at the video on the MT-LXX database, it appears as if you can work from the LXX text and then have the Hebrew underneath it. BUT, as you said, the LXX appears to be incompatible with the strong's coded English versions. 

I tried to ask the online Chat support, and they tested it with Ralhf's LXX, but their results were kind of vague. When I pressed about the use of the Modern translations, they said those could be opened in parallel? That is not the same thing at all. If it was there would be no need for the interlinear function in the first place.

The Apostolic Bible Polyglot is keyed to a hybrid  of strong's. That might be a solution to this if we could get the ABP as a bible module.

w

• Like 1