TDOT lookup freezes

jlm

This morning I installed the TDOT on my iPad. Looking up words in it causes the iOS app to freeze and crash. I tried to get to the entry for יָסַף first from the search view and then from the table of contents. Both cause the app to freeze, and several minutes later, it crashes. Thinking that I might have a corrupted download because of my strange experience with Easy Install, I deleted the resource and installed by syncing with my MacBook. This didn't help. I also tried some other words with the same result. Lastly I tried אֶרֶץ: I thought it might work better since it's near the beginning of the dictionary, but I got the same result: the interface freezes when I press return (on-screen keyboard) in the search view, and after 5 1/2 minutes, the app closes itself, which I assume is a crash. Perhaps it's doing something over and over again until it runs out of memory: this device has 2GB RAM and a little over 2GB free space.

• Like 1

this happens on my iPad too if I try to amplify (from the pop-up) but the TDOT article is there in the pop-up so I just read it there... it is frustrating but trying to do much with the iOS app is frustrating... it has actually convinced me to buy a MacBook

any suggestions?

apart from buying a MacBook 

Thanks for the report.

I've identified the source of the bug. Off now to squash it.

• Like 2

thanks Graham!