Adjusting line spacing in Set Tool Display

***RussK***

Good evening.

I cannot set the line spacing in the Set Tool Display window or in Preferences>Tool Display. The default seems to be 1%. I can set the spacing to 20% but then it reverts back to 1%.

Thoughts?

Russ

Is this happening for you in all tools, or just certain ones?

Let me be more clear. I looked back on my original post and it is neither clear nor complete. I apologise for that. (Is there not a way to edit a post?)

I have tried to adjust the line spacing to 2 ways: (1) using Set Tool Display within an individual tool and (2) using Tool Display in Preferences. I was hoping I would be able to make the change in Preferences so that the change would be applied to all Tools rather than me having to adjust line spacing for each Tool individually.

Here's what I observe.

Set Tool Display (within a Tool)

1.     If I set the Line Spacing to 20% and select "Ok" the change takes effect. 

a.     If I close the Tool and reopen the Tool the Line spacing is reset to 1%. 

b.     This is the behaviour I would expect.

2.     If I set the Line Spacing to 20% and select "Use As Default" the change takes effect. 

a.     If I close the Tool and then reopen the line spacing is still set at 20%.

b.     If I Quit Accordance and relaunch the Application the line spacing is still set at 20%.

c.     But, if I quit Accordance and relaunch and then close out of a tool and reopen it, the line spacing is set back to 1%.

Tool Display (in Preferences)

1.     If I set Line Spacing to 20% and select “Ok” I get a window telling me “Do you want to apply the new display default to all open tools? Previously saved windows and sessions will not be changed.” I then select “Apply”.

a.     This does not change open Tools to 20% line spacing, rather it changes them to 1%.

b.     Also, any new Tool that is opened is set to 20% line spacing.

c.     When I reopen Preferences>Tool Display the line spacing is set back to 1%

To answer Silas Marrs questions more completely, I have experienced this with NICOT, NIVAC, and Pillars.

Russell

• Like 1

Thank you for the great level of detail.  It is very helpful for me to understand the problem.  You're right that those last two things aren't how it should work.

Can you try the following?

1. Launch the program while holding the "Option" key to bring up safe mode options.
  2. Check the box for "Rebuild 'Tools' Settings".
  3. Click "Launch Accordance"
  4. Tell me if the problem is still occuring.
Edited by Silas Marrs

I followed the above "Rebuild Tools Settings", re-installed my modules, and ended up with the same results.

Editorial note: in my previous post, Tool Display 1. b. should read "any new Tool that is opened is set to 1% line spacing" not "20%".

Edited by ***RussK***
  • Like 1

The tool settings on Mac are stored in this file: /Library/Preferences/Accordance Preferences/Tools.acc1  

What it seems like is that some part of getting info to/from this file is not working on your system.  You might check and see if the file exists, and check to see if the date is updating when you change a "default" tool display.  I believe the "Rebuild 'Tools' Settings" safe mode option simply deletes this file, forcing Accordance to rebuild it when it's not found, so you might also try manually deleting it and see if it's rebuilt when you relaunch Accordance..

If that doesn't give any hints, you may need to call our tech support number.  You can find it on this page: https://www.accordancebible.com/Support