MTLXX Lex and Syntax in Analytics

Eric J. Tully

In Accordance 12, I think I remember being able to run a search on a Hebrew lexeme, and then opening a bar chart in Analytics. At that point, I could click "Syntax" and see the various tags or "MTLXX Lex" and see equivalents from the MT/LXX parallel, and so forth.

However, now it is not working for me correctly. I don't know if I'm doing something wrong, or if it is a bug in Acc. 13 (Windows), or something else.

When I search for a Hebrew word and open the Bar chart analytics, I choose "syntax" and it says "Not tagged" (even though the syntactic tagging shows up in the display at the bottom of the screen). When I choose "MTLXX Lex" it says "No direct translation."

Here is the weird part: if I first click "Analysis" analytics and then customize to choose to display MTLXX Lex, and then go to the Bar chart, then it will work (sometimes). Or, if I add "syntax" within Analysis analytics, then it will work on the Bar chart as well.  But not both at the same time. In other words, if I have syntax displayed on analysis, but want to see MTLXX Lex on the bar chart, then I have to go back in and change it. It's as though the bar chart will not display tagging unless it is first chosen in the display for analysis! This seems buggy and it's definitely not working as well as it used to.

Thanks for any advice,

Eric

Thanks for the report, Eric! I can definitely confirm this odd behavior, and it is not intended.  We'll get it fixed.