Crash using Targums in Syntax search

Mendel

I want to see how the Targum translates all the verbs of the syntax search. I use the Text command with an asterisk but on running the search Accordance crashes. The crash is caused my any Text Item not only the Targums. 

Here is my construction: 

post-35970-0-93740600-1580855394_thumb.jpg

Edited by Mendel
  • Like 1

I want to see how the Targum translates all the verbs of the syntax search. I use the Text command with an asterisk but on running the search Accordance crashes. The crash is caused my any Text Item not only the Targums. 

Here is my construction: 

attachicon.gif2020-02-04 23_38_52-TARGUM search - Accordance.jpg

I am able to duplicate this crash; however, I if I simply search for a verb and subject and use the [within] option, I can add [text] option with an * and not have it crash.

Here is my construction: 

attachicon.gif2020-02-04 23_38_52-TARGUM search - Accordance.jpg

I can duplicate this crash with either version of the syntax

If the Targum modules don't have syntax layered into them, I suspect it is the reason for the crash. 

If the Targum modules don't have syntax layered into them, I suspect it is the reason for the crash. 

I don't think this is the issue i.e. the text key does work with some of the syntax options, it seems to crash only when it is specified as part of a phrase or clause. Also I believe the syntax is only applied to the main version i.e. Hebrew with syntax, and that the text option only limits the searches to matches that have word correspondence in the version specified in the text tag. 

ETA: If it tried to apply syntax to the text item that would be very problematic because the grammatical structure of the Targums is sometimes significantly different than the Hebrew text; I do not believe that the tag works this way.

Edited by miketisdell

• 2 weeks later...

In theory this sort of search should work.  Thanks for the report, and we'll get it fixed.

• Like 1