Easy Install

rcdeacon

Why is it whenever I do a "Easy Install" it never finishes the process? The item (in this case the CSB Study Bible) installs as it should but the dialog box that informs the user that it is "installing" remains and the screen and never goes away! I have to do a CTRL ALT DEL, close Accordance and then restart. All is normal after that. I am using the latest Accordance 13.0.4 and Windows 10 Home latest edition.

Bob

Ha, my experience is similar—but I don't have to do a forced exit. Instead, Accordance will crash after installing the download, but all will be fine when the system is started again.

—Joseph

Mine does the same, have to force close Accordance...

Was reported on 16-Jan and 21-Jan in the 'Easy Install Freezes' thread, Silas was looking into but haven't received update on what is causing this to happen...

Either scenario is NOT normal. For the developers, this DID NOT just begin. This behavior has been around a short while I just got around to reporting it! So sorry for the delay.

Bob

Edited by rcdeacon

• 3 weeks later...

Is this still happening to you guys?  If so, are you willing to do a screenshare call to try to figure out what's causing it?  I've been unable to reproduce on my end.

It HAS worked normally recently as 2 days ago when some updates came down. I will be more vigilant in observing.

Bob

• Like 1

I just installed updates today and it worked OK, it didn't freeze at the end of the process as it has been doing...

My most recent update on windows a few days ago did not produce any aberrant behavior.