No index when opening resources

pbgroover

Shocked to find resources have lost their indexes in 13.0.3, and in the case of Study Bibles are missing letters from book names!  See screenshots below.

I tried opening study Bibles, dictionaries, commentaries, all resources seem to have the same problem, so cannot use the index to move around books! 

What has happened?

post-33969-0-67795800-1578585771_thumb.jpg

post-33969-0-49058700-1578585787_thumb.jpg

This bug is producing some very strange effects in resources, look at this screenshot...

I hope a quick fix is available as this is not good

post-33969-0-66061200-1578586089_thumb.jpg

I need to revert back to 13.0.2 as cannot navigate around resources... but 13.0.2 is not listed in the downloads section on the website, how do we revert to previous version? 

You might be having font issues. Launch Accordance in Safe Mode (hold down the alt key) and select "clean up installed fonts."

• Like 1

Thanks Mark,

Opened Accordance in Safe Mode, although there wasn't an option to "clean up installed fonts" I ticked the 3 clean up options available - "clear library cache", "clear research cache" and "clear cached downloads", and the resource index's are now back and functioning normally, which is quite a relief!  

What caused this to corrupt? Appreciate the quick response to fix  :)

Thanks Paul 

• Like 1

I thought the fonts issue was specific to Mac. Are you on Windows ? Your profile suggests so.

Thx

D

I'm not sure why any of the safe mode options you mention would have fixed this, though I am glad they did.  Maybe it was just restarting accordance that did it?  I'd like to know why it was happening, so let me know if it pops up again.

• Like 1

Hi Silas,

Sadly it's happened again today.

I entered a search request in the research tab, and noticed in the entries returned that there were gaps in the text, like sub headings were missing, so I opened one and then opened the contents and it was all blank. However, strangely another tab had contents but headings were missing in the text.

It's playing havoc with my prep work...

Here are some screenshots for you, hope the cause can be identified...

Thanks Paul 

post-33969-0-90765200-1578765625_thumb.jpg

post-33969-0-47661600-1578765637_thumb.jpg

post-33969-0-88069700-1578765646_thumb.jpg

Closing Accordance and reopening in safe mode, ticking the 3 clean up options available - "clear library cache", "clear research cache" and "clear cached downloads", has cleared the problem again. The currently opened tabs as per screen shots above now have their contents and headings restored. Not sure for how long though... Wonder what's causing this?

Edited by pbgroover

Have you tried Prefs->Reading/Research -> Rebuild Research Cache ? I suspect that this happens as a consequence of the clearing of the research cache but just wondering.

thx

D

I hadn't but just trying it now... will see if it makes things more stable...

Thanks

Next time this happens, can you do each of the safe mode options you mention in a different startup, to see which is making the difference?

OK, will do. 

I've just rebuilt the Research Cache as D suggested, took about 30mins as kept stalling, will see if that has made a difference too.

Thanks