How to search / highlight a word within a list of results

TYA

How do I highlight all occurrences of "chosen" in KJV down below-not for all the KJV, but just results in this list.  See attached please.

post-35231-0-28121000-1578205755_thumb.jpg

Hi TYA,

You should be able to use the TEXT command in Acc. 13. It's explained in the first part of this podcast.

Donald is correct. Just use the new Text command:

Screen%20Shot%202020-01-05%20at%207.09.4

• Like 1

Donald is correct. Just use the new Text command:

Thanks Donald, for the link.  It would be nice to have 1:13:00 to watch a video, but I don't.  (I spent yet more time posting about bugs last night--one directly related to this very question, and that takes up a lot of my time).  Don't take offense to a little frustration and lack of time, though I'm sure the Text Command is a great feature.

Mark, I'm trying to emulate your screenshot above, but it's not working.  Do I have to use a tagged text like KJV to use the Text Command?  And how did you get a Greek word typed in the field when it was an English (KJV) version?

In truth, I don't even use tagged English texts much.  My post with the KJV initially was just a hypothetical example.  Here's what I'm really trying to accomplish (see attached).  Can I do it or not?  And if the Text Command won't work for this, then once the other bug is fixed (the one hindering me from creating a Reference List), would that method work to perform a search within a list of results?

Bottom line gentlemen, I just want to search for an English word within a list of results, as my screenshot shows.  How exactly to do it please?

post-35231-0-91858800-1578276361_thumb.jpg

Edited by TYA

Thanks Donald, for the link.  It would be nice to have 1:13:00 to watch a video, but I don't. 

[…]

Bottom line gentlemen, I just want to search for an English word within a list of results, as my screenshot shows.  How exactly to do it please?

TYA, I haven't yet watched the whole thing—only about 20 minutes for the moment. But the relevant info for what you're trying to do is in the first ten minutes or so. Give it a look, I'm not sure it will get you where you want to go, but it will give you an idea of what can be done.

For your OP, in a KJVS tab do this : chosen@ [GNT28-T εκλεκτος]

For the Hebrew example, it should be some variation of the same theme, but I don't have the Peshitta NT to work up the example. My first guess would be : various@[ HPNT  פולגא]

where HPNT is the module name for the Hebrew Peshitta NT.

Thx

D

For the Hebrew example, it should be some variation of the same theme, but I don't have the Peshitta NT to work up the example. My first guess would be : various@[ HPNT  פולגא]  where HPNT is the module name for the Hebrew Peshitta NT.

D.!  You've gotten me closer than anyone else so far (see attached).  Thanks to you I discovered the proper module name--"HPESHNT-T"--and when I type that in, my Hebrew text shows up properly.  That seems to be a move in the right direction.  But why am I not getting any hits?

post-35231-0-30876500-1578293843_thumb.jpg

Edited by TYA

Yes, the TEXT command only works with tagged Texts. 

With an untagged text you might try using the [Contents] command to search the results of your Greek/Hebrew text. But, it will result in some false-positives since it is simply searching for your specific english words within the verses returned from the Greek/Hebrew search.

post-31975-0-09662600-1578318778_thumb.png

There are two things going on here.  The TEXT command is used to align actual words, where such alignment exists, such as using Strong's or Key numbers.  In your screenshot, the alignment does not exist, because you are using a User Text (your YWP), so the TEXT command won't work for you.

You'll want to do what OSchrock suggests, simply use the CONTENTS command.

Perfect, Oschrock.  That indeed does it.

Thank you all for the help.

post-35231-0-44801800-1578326112_thumb.jpg

• Like 1