How to update to version 13?

mortenjensen

Hi all,

Better safe than sorry: I am about to update to version 13 but would really like to keep all my highlights, preferences and so. Before doing something that can be undone, can I ask, how to this correctly? I bought a collection, I do not have in version 12 (a graphics collection), and thought the app would update as well with Easy Install. That was not so. Then I downloaded the install dmg, and when I ran that, I was asked, if the new version should install on top of the old. My questions:

- is the version update included in any of the collections - or do I need to buy this separately? 

- does the app update take place through Easy Install or through download of the install dmg?

- are highlights and preferences preserved through this proces? 

Thanks.

Morten

Edited by mortenjensen

Morten,

1) All your highlights and preferences will be preserved.

2) On a Mac, you can keep version 12 by renaming the Accordance app in your Applications folder. Just rename it "Accordance 12" or whatever you'd prefer. Version 13 will install (through the dmg, not through Easy Install) as a separate installation. 

2) On a Mac, you can keep version 12 by renaming the Accordance app in your Applications folder. Just rename it "Accordance 12" or whatever you'd prefer. Version 13 will install (through the dmg, not through Easy Install) as a separate installation. 

But it is totally annoying, Every time it validates what is validated since months. On 12 and on 13. 

I don't think, I would like two versions running simultaneously. What I am asking is rather if version 13 is included in every package and if nothing is lost, if I install version 13 on top. Thanks!

Morten

Unfortunately, the version 13 upgrade is not included in graphics packages but it is included with all of the normal Collections.

Hi Morten,

Accordance can be thought of as composed of two components. One is the Accordance program itself. The other is all the modules and collections. Some collections include the program itself in the price. This, of course, helps new users buying into Accordance. When you add on packages and so on it is not included because, I guess, the assumption is you already have it. When you upgrade the Accordance program to the next version all the existing modules you own continue to work, as do all your notes, user tools and so on.

Major version upgrades are pay-for. So 10->11 was pay-for, 11->12 and 12->13 were also. But within major versions I have never seen a charge, so you buy 13 but 13.0.3 is a free update for example.

Finally, you would not run multiple version concurrently but it is handy to have the old version there in case there is a bug you cannot live with in the new version and you need to temporarily use the old version. As an example, I test betas for Oaktree so I always have multiple Accordance versions installed but I only ever use one version at a time.

Thx

D