Deleting column from auto-generated Construct Search

vparunak

The new ability to generate a construct search automatically from selected text is very helpful in learning to use the construct search capability. A natural use case is to modify the resulting construct to find related but not identical constructions. Sometimes this requires deleting a column internal to the construct. For example, starting with Gen 5:22 וַיִּתְהַלֵּךְ חֲנוֹךְ אֶת־הָאֱלֹהִים, I'd like to drop the subject phrase column to search for other cases of walking with God. But simply deleting the subject phrase entry leaves an empty column, which the parser doesn't accept. What's the simplest way to remove a column in the middle of a construct search?

• 1 month later...

This apparently got lost in the Christmas rush--I'd be very grateful if someone can suggest how to remove a column from an automatically generated construct search. Thanks!

This apparently got lost in the Christmas rush--I'd be very grateful if someone can suggest how to remove a column from an automatically generated construct search. Thanks!

There is no way I know that you can just delete a column and have things collapse together closing the hole. It would be a useful enhancement though I think.

What I usually do in situations like this is remove the column you don't want, and then select - click, drag over all the items you want, release - and then click and drag all the items you want over to the left (Greek, Eng) or to the right (Hebrew) to fill the gap.

Thx

D