How close are we to having notes?

miketisdell

Just wondering if there was any updated time table yet for seeing notes in the Android app? 

Hi Mike, it's difficult to give a meaningful time table on these sort of things in general, but it's particularly difficult with user notes. We've not started working directly on it yet, but it is a top priority feature at this point (i.e. we are planning to start soon) and my best guess at this stage is that it will likely take several months to get release-ready once we start.

• Like 5

• 1 month later...

Matt,

If I recall correctly, on iOS first there was a release that allowed notes to be displayed, and later there was one that also allowed them to be modified. I assume your guess of "several months" applies to having both working. Do you think just displaying them would come much sooner?

Edited by jlm

• 2 weeks later...

Yes I would love to see this on Android. At least if we can view notes we have made on other OS on Android initially that would be a good start. Thanks

• 4 months later...

I use Accordance daily and love it.  Just downloaded the new Android Beta.  I was wondering, however, if we are any closer to being able to sync notes.  This is a much needed feature for me.  Any update would be appreciated.

• Like 2

Glad to hear you are using and loving Accordance! Notes is next up on the major features to-add list for the Android app. Bookmarks and "My Places" (remembering your reading location in all modules across all devices) were higher priority features than Notes. Since the latest beta adds both Bookmarks and My Places, Notes is next  :)

• Like 8

• 6 months later...

We are actively working on adding user notes to Android! Still not quite at a point to give a reliable timeline, but we have made changes already. A lot of the changes in 2.2.0 were actually under-the-hood changes needed to be able to add user notes functionality to the app.

• Like 4

• 6 months later...

Any updates at all?  It seems that for over a year we were told that notes were coming.  Love Accordance, but Android app is woefully behind and has made little progress as of late.  

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

"We're working on it" in January, but here we are in August and not even in the beta. I really hope it shows up soon even in a rudimentary fashion.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

• 5 months later...

Still hoping for an update on notes in Android...

• Like 3

• 3 months later...

Is an update on Android an impossibility?  No matter what is asked there is no update.  Last app update was in August of last year and it didn't really any anything of value.  It seems as if Accordance is ignoring the app and the questions about it.  

• Sad 1