v13, Nice work but ...

RevM

Thanks for v13 and all the work that's gone into it. It's greatly appreciated.

One small problem, though. Whay has the 'close' button moved to the wrong side of the title bar? Much better to have moved the enlarge button to the correct side of the title bar. Any chance they might migrate right??

With thanks.

The close and zone magnify buttons are both located on a tab that describes the contents of that zone ("Texts," Hebrew Texts," "Research," etc.). Placing that tab on the right side of a zone wouldn't have been as easily discernible. Placing a close button on the right side of the zone, away from that tab, would have wasted space. Also, placing the close and zone magnify buttons together on the same side provides more continuity between the Windows and Mac versions of Accordance.

• Like 2

Thanks for the explanation, and I do understand this. However, it makes Accordace the only programme I use with the close and magnify buttons on the 'wrong' side. It's only a small thing but it is irritating. Why not bring the Mac version in line with windows (and everything else) given than Mac is the only OS in history that puts these buttons on the left. Alternatively why not offer the choice?

It's still a great program though!

Thanks again.

Cross platform UIs are Hard ®

• Like 1

This is an interesting side-affect it seems of the change to the zone magnify and close buttons to a tab rather than being on the zone itself. In 12 the close zone button is on the top right of the zone. The magnify is on the left, which, perhaps it could have been argued long ago, should have been placed adjacent to the close button on the right to be more consistent with overall Windows min/max/close button placement for windows. But now in 13 both are on the top left on a sort of fake tab header. It's certainly arguable this fake tab header should be moved to the top right of the pane on Windows.

One has to consider whether the zone controls are really analogous to window controls and thus are placed more intuitively on the right for Windows than the left, or if they are really app specific controls and should not be constrained by expectations of Windows window controls.

I use both Mac and Windows versions of the app daily and would have gotten used to them in either place I suppose. I do think it makes sense to have the magnify and close together, and if minimizing a zone were supported (from the un-max'd state, that is) then such a third control would go with them naturally too. But it also brings into bold relief how similar these are to true window controls.

So ... I think the OP, RevM, has a valid point but I'm guessing that it is not a great issue as it didn't raise any dust in the beta cycles, and this topic has not drawn a lot of posts. I certainly wouldn't mind if it moved.

Cross platform UIs are Hard ®

Yep.

Thx

D