Peshitta All In One

Fabian

Hello 

I would love i you create a Peshitta module which is all in one. I think this i possible, with the exception of the Parallel books.

Greetings

Fabian

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I would love i you create a Peshitta module which is all in one.

While this certainly is technically possible, if you are referring to "OT" and "NT" together, just remember that most scholars believe the two portions were made by different people, at different times, and possibly different places.

In other words, the "Peshitta" it isn't a singular unified version--both "OT" and "NT."  They are separate versions in multiple ways, but both later received the name "Peshitta," quite some time later in history (many centuries actually).

To my knowledge there isn't a single Peshitta manuscript in existence which contains the text of both the Tanakh ("OT") and writings of Yeshua's followers ("NT") together.  I've never seen such a manuscript, and I've seen quite a few.

So creating a single module with both sections together might obscure these important facts.  But of course, it is technically possible, just as the LXX and NA28 have been combined.

Edited by TYA
  • Like 2