Highlighter pen

pbgroover

The new highlighter pen is an excellent addition to Accordance, really helpful - well done Accordance team!

However, resizing the pane after highlighting with circles and joining lines/arrows messes the formatting up for the joining lines/arrows, so they no longer point to the right place or join to the intended circle. The circles remain in place, unless straddling two lines in which case sometimes two circles will be produced rather than a split circle, which happens most of the time.

Appreciate this function is brand new and these issues may already be known for a fix in a future update.

We're always going to be improving this system, such as having lines 'anchor' to existing lines.  For now, any drawing always anchors to the closest character under it. So, if you draw a large circle, then try to draw a line to the edge, it may end up trying to anchor to the line above or below what you intend.  You could either connect the line closer to your desired anchor, or try increasing the line spacing.

• Like 1

Thanks Joel, this is really helpful, when I draw the lines to the words rather than the circles around the words, the line anchors properly and the problem described above doesn't happen. This is such a great tool for mark up texts when preparing!

However, I do get some occurrences of Accordance not recognising the circle I have drawn as a circle and it leaves the shape floating above the text on the screen. It cannot be undone or erased so only way to remove it is to close the text pane and reopen the text again. Is this a known bug that will be fixed?