Pasting from Accordance resets LibreOffice tabs

vparunak

I'm on a Mac, OS 10.14.6. My workflow includes frequent copying of text from Accordance and other tools, and pasting into LibreOffice Writer (6.2.7.1). (It might be cleaner to use Accordance's Insert Verses service, but unfortunately LibreOffice doesn't support text services.) 

I reset the generic tab stops on LibreOffice Writer from 0.5" to 0.25" (LibreOffice/Preferences/LibreOffice Writer/General). Ever since I started using Accordance, I've noticed that they periodically reset to 0.5", and I've discovered that this happens when I paste in text that I've copied from Accordance. It doesn't happen when I copy and paste from e-Sword, or from Bibleworks, or from a web browser, or from a PDF file I'm viewing in Preview--just from Accordance. It happens with different versions, Hebrew as well as English, ... 

If I paste as unformatted text, the problem goes away. Apparently, something in the formatting of a copy is changing LO's internal settings--probably not what we all want. Unfortunately, sometimes there's important information in the formatting (most notably, the use of italics in some versions), and an unformatted paste loses this.

It would be really great if there could be an option to omit whatever little gift package is being sent along with copies. In fact, it would be even greater if we could configure the format of copied text--specify font, size, etc.

I find fewer issues with copy to LibreOffice Writer if I always choose to copy as unformatted text. I then format text within LibreOffice Writer if I needed special formatting of the copied text. 

—Joseph