Very, very serious bug with the Greek Bible in Accordance 13

miketisdell

This morning I looked up a verse (James 1:4) in the Greek bible that was part of a discussion I was involved in and the Greek text did not match the quote. I then searched for the Greek phrase and found it in Romans 1:4. 

Unfortunately I had not looked closely at the text of James and the verse returned in the search was in a context of 1 verse, so I didn't realize that all of the verse references were wrong. 

Here is the text of James in the Greek bible (really 2 Thessalonians) and the text of Romans (really James) 

post-35053-0-37345500-1573059150_thumb.jpg

post-35053-0-04135200-1573059160_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Sorry about this. It was a bug in the LXX-GNT module. Make sure you have the latest version (1.7).

• Like 1

Sorry about this. It was a bug in the LXX-GNT module. Make sure you have the latest version (1.7).

Updating now, thanks!

• Like 1

It’s actually 1 Thessalonians 1 showing not 2 Thessalonians 1. I picked that up just by reading the Greek and quickly realized that Silvanus is not mentioned in James 1. I then opened NA28 and the wording match 1 Thessalonians 1, not 2 Thessalonians 1.

Always try to read the text yourself at first to see if anything looks or feels off. Have your Greek and English side by side and if you know enough vocabulary you should be able to tell if something is not matching.

I do a select Greek reading for my devotional time every morning to help me keep my greek from getting rusty