Using Web App in Acc 12

KevinPurcell

I posted about using the web app in Accordance 13 and someone commented on the post. He tried using the web app as I described in my post to do it in Acc 12. I no longer have 12 installed so I thought I'd ask here. Anyone know what the person can do to fix this problem?

https://www.kevinpurcell.org/accordance-can-show-your-logos-and-wordsearch-books/

See the comment at the bottom of the post and I'd really love it if anyone could offer an answer to the person.

• Like 1

I had it working with 12 but on a mac so can't comment on the question re:windows platform & accordance 12 .

• 6 months later...

It won't work in Windows but works well on a Mac.  Accordance support says they aren't using Internet Explorer but that is the only browser that Logos support says won't work. I wish there was a way to get it working in Windows.  Must be some tweak that can be done to get it going.

• Like 1

On Windows, Accordance does use Internet Explorer.  We're looking into updating to something better in a future build.

• Like 1

On Windows, Accordance does use Internet Explorer.  We're looking into updating to something better in a future build.

That would be fabulous Silas - as soon as it can be done.

Thx

D

I know Microsoft has been in the process of switching everything Microsoft Edge to a Chromium base. Does anyone know if that process is complete? I'm running Windows 10 1909 and can't tell which version of Edge I have. It seems like the Chromium-based Edge would be a good solution once it's complete and out of beta (which, again, it may be--I don't know) because from what I understand, it's going to be made available even for users running older versions of Windows. 

Anyway, once Chromium-Edge (or "Chredge" as some call it) is the finalized default browser for Windows, this might be a good replacement for Internet Explorer as the base for the Accordance web browser.

• Like 1

Hey Rick,

Depending upon how you plug in, if you pick up Edge now, will you just get the Chromium updates for free, as it were ?

Thx

D

Depending upon how you plug in, if you pick up Edge now, will you just get the Chromium updates for free, as it were ?

I would assume so but really have no idea.