Root search in Hebrew factors in the definite article?

TYA

Should a root search of a Hebrew phrase take into consideration the definite article?  In this example (attached), I don't want the definite article to be taken into consideration, just the roots of the two words in the phrase.

It seems that an Inflected search is doing the same exact thing as a Root search (see second screenshot)--viz., taking into account the definite article.  Again, I may be remembering incorrectly, but I thought that in v.12 I could highlight this phrase, select "Root search," and find all verses where the roots (regardless of form, articles, etc.) occurred.

At any rate, that is what I want to do, and I can't find a way to do it as quickly as I remember from v.12.

Thanks

post-35231-0-72698600-1572851122_thumb.jpg

post-35231-0-06142000-1572851297_thumb.jpg

Edited by TYA

it seems like if you select a phrase, the article is part of the phrase and thus a part of the search - so the result finds the root of each part of the phrase including the article

Thanks, but again, doesn't seem correct.  I'd like to hear from others on this.

Edited by TYA

This behavior has not changed from Acc 12 to Acc 13. If you highlight and root/inflect search for a phrase, then Accordance is going perform that search for every lexeme, including particles, in the highlighted portion of your text. You will have to remove them, but don't forget to account for their removal: +רוח <WITHIN 2 Words> +נוח.

• Like 1

Okay, thanks Jordan for correcting me.  That's exactly what I needed to know.

It would, if I may say, be nice to have a root-only option that doesn't insert particles and the like.  But I must have been remembering incorrectly from before.