Accordance 13 Tutorials Usefullness

Solly

I was missing the old library filter control at the bottom of the library pane. I know, I know—there is a lovely gravity filter funnel icon at the top of the library pane that I did not even pay attention to (which is really bad for a retired chemistry teacher; it should have at least triggered a "what is that lab ware icon doing in Accordance" type of reaction.

When I opened the Tutorials, I decided to try the Easy grouping and 'Knowing Your Library' was at the top of the list. The Knowing Your Library tutorial was very well organized and introduced the general features of the Library. Indeed, I found the filter function and had a good chuckle at my lack of recognizing the control I was seeking earlier.

I look forward to investigating the other tutorials. Well done!

—Joseph the Chagrined

• Like 8

I tend to consume most things via my ipad and wondered if you are planning on making the tutorials available from the web support page (along with the help pages) or are you keeping it to just through version 13 when working on a proper computer?

Thanks

Currently you list the links but it would be great for me if i could just click on them on my ipad. (Copy and paste doesnt seem to work, just opened accordance on my ipad.)

post-31185-0-95928000-1573316954_thumb.png

Edited by ukfraser

The tutorials are intended and designed for the PC and Mac. As I am sure you know, the interface on the Mobile versions is quite different.

Are the tutorials intended to replace the function of the Seminar Manuals offered in the past? The most current one I have is for version 11, but it is still useful for getting a good feel for the logic of Accordance, even if the buttons and command details differ from version to version.

—Joseph

The tutorials are intended and designed for the PC and Mac. As I am sure you know, the interface on the Mobile versions is quite different.

Thanks Helen and i appreciate that the two interfaces and features are very different, its just that i watch most things (youtube, dr j podcast, catch up tv etc) on the iPad and for me, it would be nice to be able to watch the tutorials on the ipad (even while having the laptop beside me) rather than just being restricted to getting the mbp out. Especially as i can read the help notes for 13 on my iPad so it would be very helpful if the links in the web page were active links to the actual video files.

Hope that makes sense.

Edited by ukfraser

It’d be nice for the tutorials to be available online since it’s better to follow along and do the steps that way than seeing 19 steps first and then try to remember those steps when you want to do them yourself.

I don't know if this is slated to happen sometime in the future but I could see a time for mobile to get its own tutorials system. One of the difficulties with creating complex software is training others how to use all the features. Tutorials on Mac/windows is an excellent answer to a common question I hear from Accordance users which is "How do I use all its features"

• Like 1

The whole point of the new tutorials is not that you watch them and then try to repeat the steps. These tutorials require you to do the steps one by one on your own computer and with your currently installed modules. Thus they cannot be put "online." Each one is tailored to your specific setup: brilliant!

• Like 1

So they change each time a new set up is created?

Also, can you click along to make it as interactive as possible or do you just watch, learn and then try to remember? The reason I ask is because one of the tutorials is 19 steps long (I think it’s the Analytics one).

Maybe I’m missing something and don’t know how to use the tutorials. Maybe a video to learn to use the tutorials would help a lot (at least I’d find it helpful).

Thank you!

Nevermind, I finally figured out how to do the tutorials

• Like 1

Nevermind, I finally figured out how to do the tutorials

I know what you mean but then worked it out myself... Was there a 'How to use the tutorials' tutorial :D