Startup without option key requires force quit

gwillyakka

Please forgive me if this topic has all ready been covered.   I have seen a variety of similar issues but not my particular problem.  I cannot start up Accordance without the option key depressed and then trashing the Startup Session in the dialog that follows.  This started I think with 12.3.4.  I am currently running 12.3.6 on MacBook Pro (2018) running Mojave 10.14.6.  If I try to start up without the option key, nothing works and I have to force quit the application and start using the option key.  This is aggravating but with the option-key trick I can work around it.

But my real issue is with validation and I'm wondering if the two are connected.  I have read on other forums that  although Accordance uses the Internet to validate customers, if the validation fails the application is still usable.  Not so with me.  If I turn off my wifi and try to boot up Accordance, with or without the option key, I can get as far as the validation window and then everything goes dead.  I have to force quit out of that. 

I spend quite a bit of time in developing countries and on airplanes where I have no Internet connection.  Since I am preaching and teaching in those places it would be nice to have my Accordance database to reference.  

Can you help me with either of these problems.  Thank you

-kirby williams

I strongly recommend that you contact our tech support during working hours next week. They can figure out why your validation isn't sticking.