Missing section in Psalms (Spurgeon)

Graham

The entire comments on Psalm 119:1 seem to be missing in my copy of Spurgeon's Treasury of David commentary on the Psalms. Is that a known problem or just me?

I think it is all there, although with such a long psalm, the separation of the Expositions from the Explanatory Notes and the Hints is a little awkward.

Graham, I think you're right. But actually, comparing with another copy of the Treasury of David that I have, there's more than the exposition of 119:1 that's missing in the Accordance module.

The "Notes" section for Psalm 119 in Accordance ends with the line "O forsake me not utterly.—From 'The Psalms Chronologically Arranged By Four Friends.' 1867." However, there is a significant amount of information remaining for this particular section which is missing in Accordance.

Then the entire exposition of 119:1, as evidenced in the browser under "Exposition," is missing as well.

I verified this by performing content searches on the module for text that should be included.

If you open just that tool and search for Psalm 119 and then Show Articles, then it begins with verse 2, not verse 1 as you would expect. If you choose Show All then you can see the Preface, Introduction, Notes and then Exposition which begins with verse 2, not verse 1.

If you search for Psalm 119:1 and Show All, then nothing changes. If you choose Show Articles then nothing shows up except the words "Psalm 119" in the window. Same with Show Paragraphs.

Psalm 119:2 works as you would expect.

If you open the Browser to the left of the tool you can see that the Exposition begins with Psalm 119:2, not verse 1.

It sure seems like it's missing.

Oops, I misread the original post. Yes it looks like v 1 is missing, and it will be a while before we reissue it, but I will note the problem.

Archived