Sermons

rcdeacon

Can anyone instruct me on a way to make a sermon using Accordance and papers and being able to import it into Logos 8 Sermon Editor? I ask mainly because the church I serve at uses Proclaim so importing a message from Logos to the church media team is incredibly easy, however, Accordance is my main tool of choice. Any ideas or help would be greatly appreciated.

Bob

I cant comment on logos but proclaim will import from powerlesspointless or keynote. So as an alternative you may want to create those sort of files from your Accordance notes.

Personally i don't!!!!!! so take my mbp and get them to switch during the service. (We use different software but the same problem. Why after all these years cant you simply paste bulk text into powerpoint or keynote and the software automatically flows the text through a number of slides keeping the font style and size and you simply put manual slide breaks in should any be required ?????)

Edited by ukfraser

Hi Bob,

I can’t imagine how difficult it would be to copy from paper into the other company sermon editor

I use accordance Along with the sermon editor through the other company web app. I search for phrases, look up words and verses, check for illustrations, and switch versions and resources on the fly in Accordance because the speed of it doesn’t make my 9 year old MacBook Air (4gb ram, 128gb) sound like an airplane before liftoff. I take the other company sermon editor seriously, putting in the date and time and series info, etc. pretty much the only thing I use the other company for is the sermon editor because it works. But I can’t load the other company on my machine :-) i use their web app for sermons. I use accordance for everything else, it has taken me years getting used to the fact that utility in 1 program exclusively is more difficult to pull off as compared to just using the best from each program

Dan, thanks for the response and the valuable insight. I never thought of using the web app. My hardware seems to run both reasonably well, especially Accordance which is my goto platform for reading, study, Bible lesson prep and sermons. I think I will give that a try. Thanks again!

Bob