Opening a large group of scripture links

Dan Wagner

I remember I used to be able to open a large group of scripture links by putting the curser in the middle of the first link and then highlighting the whole group. It would then open all the verses in a window. I can't get this to happen now and I wonder if I'm not remember how it's done, or if its no longer a feature. I've tried holding down the option key, command key, shift key, etc to no avail. Anyone know how this is done? I was trying to open a group if verses from the Thompson Chain Reference Bible. 

Command-click should do it if your Preferences (Amplify) are set to open a Text tab rather than the Text Browser. The latter, by definition, cannot show multiple references.

Helen's solution amplifies all the verses that are contained in the whole paragraph in question.  

Dan, I'm presuming you only want to amplify a specific block of verses.  The method you prescribe still works, but it's important that the beginning of your drag starts and finishes with a live link or it won't work.  

I found this old post...

<I think I just discovered what the problem was.  It's a bit touchy... If my selection is to precise... meaning that I begin the selection between the references & precisely ended the selection between other references... then nothing will open.  However if I begin the selection somewhere on a reference and end it somewhere on another reference... it opens the group I selected.>

Edited by Paul Meiklejohn

I would recommend looking at the text browser (new feature). I think this is a better option.