Accordance Hebrew Verb study - thanks and question

Bielikov

First of all, I want to THANK Accordance for the way the searches work. For instance, as I search for various verbal roots Accordance yields and clearly labels the verb form and type. I mean to say that the prefixes and suffixes associated with the verb appear in red. This has really been useful as I search for how different verbs are used (I am doing a study of the top 60 verbs and how they appear and are used in the Hebrew Bible). I also love the side-by-side panels and the instant details panel with the specific information on the roots. 

Question. What is the easiest way to look for verbs in Niphal, Piel, Pual, Hiphil, Hophal, Hithpael, Cohort and other forms, etc. I am interested both in finding any verbs that come up in these forms as well as the possibility of searching for specific roots as they appear in these forms. Many thanks from Chile.

• Like 1

Hey Bielikov,

There are a couple different ways to search for a Nifal verb (and other stems).

1. In the search entry box, you can simply type [VERB Nif].

2. In the search entry box, you can pull up the contextual menu and "Enter Tag" > "Verb" which will pull up a dialog box so that you can enter one or more stems.

3. This same process can be acceded from the Menu bar at the top of the screen. Search > Enter Tag > Verb.

I would then use Analytics > Analysis to see the lexical forms for these verbs.

If you know the lexical form already, you can do a search like: אכל @ [VERB Nif]

I would also recommend the Help files for searching, as well as watching the podcasts on Hebrew searches.

I hope that's what you are asking.

Jordan

* Multiple stems look like this:  [VERB (nifal, qal)] 

**To answer your root question, I would do something like this: [VERB Qal]@בער+

Edited by Jordan S
  • Like 1

Jordan, this is wonderful! I began to test it out! Now, you mention help files for searching as well as podcasts on Hebrew searches. I have watched some podcasts in the past, but can you give me more information on where I can find these two resources? Thanks again.