Search, Amplify and Copy don't work properly in Bibles

Fabian

Hello

Today I noticed that this 3 actions not properly in German and Latin Bibles. 

Either the button is missing or if they appear then there is no action. 

Greetings

Fabian

If you need an exact description I can give you one. But the bug is nearly everywhere.

I experimented with this, and I think it is more accurate to say that these three buttons on the instant details popup do nothing unless the Text has key numbers or grammatical tagging:

- With VULG-T, which is Latin but tagged, the actions work. With VULGATE, which is untagged Latin, they don't.

- With the New Jerusalem Bible, which is English but has no key numbers, they don't work: nothing happens when the buttons are tapped. So I can see an Eerdmans Dictionary entry in instant details, but not amplify to it.

- Likewise, they don't work with the Navarra Bible, which is Spanish and has no key numbers.

• Like 1

So, nothing is broken, per se. What you’re seeing is the current logic implementation on when and when not to show the option buttons.

I can look into activating the copy and amplify buttons if a dictionary entry is found for a word in an untagged text.

Well, it seems to me to be an error to show the buttons when they do nothing. If they aren't supposed to appear, that should be consistent.

I also think it makes sense to be able to search for the selected text even when there's no tagging.

• Like 1

So, nothing is broken, per se. What you’re seeing is the current logic implementation on when and when not to show the option buttons.

I can look into activating the copy and amplify buttons if a dictionary entry is found for a word in an untagged text.

I have it in the bug section, because there is a bug.

Either the button is missing 

After App new start. 

post-32723-0-92554000-1567926885_thumb.png

or if they appear then there is no action. 

After some playing around, change the Bibles etc. the buttons appear but they are dead.

post-32723-0-08843600-1567927142_thumb.png

I think the "Amplify" to a dictionary was able in the previous versions. Also to "Search" in the same Bible. Since the "Copy" is in the Details Window it is brocken.

Greetings

Fabian

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...