For the benefit of others, give Your opinion here. Any idea if I should get WBC for the OT volumes of it? And whether I should gift HMT-W4,GNT28 &AYBD

Unix

To explain what my own choice would lead to: If I'd buy the WBC set I would gift all my individual WBC volumes purchases to a young Catholic graduate, for his homily-prep. To the same gentleman (he's becoming a priest in Poland) I'm also considering gifting HMT-W4, GNT28 both tagged and AYBD under Accordance. Those choices are separate. I'd have use myself for the OL Bibles, and certainly for AYBD since if I gift it I have no Bible dictionary in English at all under Accordance and would rely on the competing platform and Accordance library search syntaxes for that (I assume searching for the term and "... is" would render in somewhat adequately getting some useful hits) or on just learning most terms thare are needed ahead.

I have the major and recognised OT sets already under Accordance, or else where available, except KEL which I chose not to buy. I don't necessarily buy everything that's new and also use some pretty old commentaries.

The value combined need, for new additional purchases, for each customer, may depend on one's possession of quality commentaries since before.

From the NT even though I don't have the majority of the total NT volumes, I do have all that I value as useful and helpful except Eph, Phi.

I'm a critic of the definion of who actually were the actual People we suppose to be the Ancient Israelites

Wbc are my go to and the more i use them the more i appreciate them. How do you get on with the volumes you have? If you use them and appreciate them, then the whole set makes sense, if you dont or prefer other volumes in other sets then i would probably pass. For me, they are my go to.

To be in a position to gift some wbc volumes, gnt and hmt to someone becoming a priest would give them a great help at the beginning(?) of their ministry especially in accordance. They have certainly been a blessing in my ministry even though i came to them late.

Edited by ukfraser

The bibliographies alone make the volumes worth it. Sounds like you already invested in a few, the sale is pretty big and should make having all of the volumes worth while

• Like 1

The bulk of the commentaries I have under advanced software and use (several series, but I come to think of especially ICC and WBC) are from the period 1989-2014.

A new Hebrew lexicon will help me peruse WBC but that point in time lies many Years ahead and beyond the publication date of my book.