Verse alignment issue.

miketisdell

In Proverbs 31 (Hebrew) the Greek LXX-GNT text does not correctly align i.e. it is off by one. Note I am aware that the number scheme for the LXX at this point is very different from the Hebrew and English however the mapping between the LXX the MT is still off by one. See the screen shots provided. 

post-35053-0-01938400-1566492562_thumb.jpg

post-35053-0-79023700-1566492807_thumb.jpg

Edited by miketisdell

If I place the Hebrew Bible and LXX-GNT in parallel panes, they line up correctly with the appropriate verses (even though, as you point out, the numbering is different). 

Screen%20Shot%202019-08-23%20at%204.40.5

In your second image, is that a Live-Click verse lookup window with a custom group?

The 2nd screen is the text browser with a custom group. That is where I first discovered the allignment issue because the wrong verse was displayed.

There is a verse alignment issue that apparently has not been noted before. The LXX reverses Prov 31: 25 and 26, (or 43 and 44 in the LXXS and LXX+GNT) compared to the Hebrew. Verse 27 (45) realigns. Our developers can fix this with an update to all the LXX texts and translations so that they realign with the Hebrew when it is the primary or search text (and vice versa). It seems the SAAS gets it right.

Thank you, Mike, for bringing this to our attention.

• Like 2