Diagram Tool hogging CPU

Carol K

I am diagramming through Mark. I create one file per chapter. I have it set up for a 4x4 grid of custom-sized pages (12.75" x 16.50") [it was the only way I could figure out to get sharp printouts that maximize letter-sized paper]. My process is I select a paragraph or two, click "Diagram". This creates a new tab which I work in. I then copy the contents of that tab into the first tab. In the end I have the entire chapter in the first tab. I can then delete the secondary tabs. At some point, I populate the first tab with too much stuff and Accordance slows way down when I make an adjustment to the diagram. I timed a few simple operations (e.g. moving one item with one up-arrow). It took a spinning beachball and 7 seconds of time to accomplish. I tried quitting all other programs; quitting and restarting Accordance; rebooting my laptop; and deleting all other tabs in the diagram window. I also had the diagram module up in a separate window running on a second monitor.  I have attached my workspace for Mark 12. 

Trial 1: Accordance had been running for a while. Memory usage was over 500MB.

Trial 2: After a quit and restart of Accordance, Memory usage was about 280MB.

Trial 3: Reboot machine. Forgot to check memory usage.

Memory usage does not see to be the problem. The difference between 1 & 2 is interesting though. 

In all 3 cases, Disk usage was minimal. The bottleneck appears to be CPU usage. CPU % would spike to over 50% usage after each move/delete/add icon operation. In two instances a select and delete of an icon spiked the CPU to 62.6% and 87.2%. Several times it spiked to 99.9% and  once to 100%. 

I have a MacBook Pro 13-inch, 2016 2.9GHz Intel Core i5, 16GB RAM, Intel Iris Graphics 550 1536 MB. Running MacOS 10.14.5. Accordance 12.3.4

Diagram (Mark 12).accord

• Like 1

To confirm I understand, Trial 2 was the same workspace as Trial 1, but after restarting accordance?