Update Problem

PeterY

I have just updated to 12.3.5 (Mac) and it just does not seem to work. Accordance starts up, the menu bar appears, but there is no window and all the options, even 'Quit' are greyed out. Any suggestions?

I assume you've done the obvious such as to restart your computer. If that's the case, hold down the option key and launch Accordance to bring up safe mode. Try clearing the startup session to see if that works.

Sorry for your troubles. Your issue is the first I've heard like this with 12.3.5. Our support staff will not be back in the office until 9 AM EDT in the morning, but if you want, you can go ahead and email them at support@accordancebible.com. Or call the phone number or use the online chat from our main site when the offices open at 9 AM.

Crash log with update to 12.3.5 on windows 10

Accordance Crash Log
    Memory load (MB): 78% Physical: 3032 Avail: 648
    Free disk user (MB): 286214 All free: 286214
    Accordance Version 12.3.5 (12.3.5.0)
    Crashed at: 14:41:43:43 On: 31 of Jul, 2019  Jerusalem Daylight Time

Address:   $0058CC3C

Backtrace: 
  $0058CC3C
  $754B337C
  $754A4759
  $754A4642
  $77700A4D
  $00403FB9

I am wondering whether the only answer would be to uninstall Accordance and then reinstall it.

I would recommend contacting Accordance support first.

Do you see a window which you have first to agree 2x?

The new App brings a window – the new EULA – which you have first to agree and then the  App runs. 

Greetings

Fabian

Peter, what version is your operating system?

I have the same problem with the latest update I installed yesterday.  Everything seemed to install fine, no errors.  Accepted the EULA and the program starts fine.  I selected the Help (?) button and the program just disappeared (crashed really bad it turns out).  Upon restarting, I was prompted to restore the previous session so, this time I chose Yes (the first time I chose No).  (Yes, this is the 3rd time in 2 days it has done this).  Upon restart, no menu items can be selected, touch screen doesn't respond, can't X out of the program.  Re-clicking the Accordance icon on the taskbar twice(1st click makes it disappear, 2nd click makes it reappear) allows me to click the X and close the program.  Uninstalling / reinstalling the first time DID NOT correct the problem.  I had to uninstall a 2nd time, manually find all the related Accordance files (programdata, appdata, temp file locations) and delete them, THEN I had to manually clean the registry of all Accordance entries and reboot.  I was then able to have a successful re-installation with the 12.3.4 version AND have it run like it had been before the update.  Currently, this 3rd crash has not been re-installed since I have a phone call into support.  Hopefully there will be a correction made very soon.

I use Windows 10 pro x64, version 1903, build 18362.267.

Accordance version is English Learner 12.3.4 (update is installed but broken)

Update for everyone experiencing this issue.  12.3.6 update was just released and it cured the problem I had just posted a few moments ago.  Hope everyone finds this update successful.

So, I tried a few things:

• Downloaded 12.3.6 again. No joy - same thing; loads but menus greyed out, will not quit - I have to force quit.
  • Download 12.0.6 - this works perfectly. Asks if I want to update to 12.3.6. I say yes. And we are back to where we were above.

Is there any way to go back to 12.3.4?

So, I tried a few things:

• Downloaded 12.3.6 again. No joy - same thing; loads but menus greyed out, will not quit - I have to force quit.
  • Download 12.0.6 - this works perfectly. Asks if I want to update to 12.3.6. I say yes. And we are back to where we were above.

Is there any way to go back to 12.3.4?

https://www.accordancebible.com/forums/topic/26535-1234-i-want-to-go-back-to-this-version-for-windows/?p=130784

Cit. "If you copy the website link and paste it into the browser, you can edit the version number. We leave the older installers up on the server."

Greetings

Fabian

Which website link?

Sorry, I seem to be missing something - and many thanks for your help!