New ZIBBC NT on John

Diatheke76

It's very rare indeed that a publisher notifies us of a new release and sends us the files ahead of time so that we can be ready with an Accordance version. In practice it takes many months to agree on the license, get the files, and work them into our development schedule. I am sure we will have the new version eventually.

• Like 1

Thanks Helen! I’m eager to complete my Accordance set.

I am sure no one is "Keener" than the hard working Accordance Mark Allison to get this one out the door (that is once it arrives on the perl Jedi's desktop).

• Like 5

I am sure no one is "Keener" than the hard working Accordance Mark Allison to get this one out the door (that is once it arrives on the perl Jedi's desktop).

Maybe Accordance can contact them first so the process speeds up a bit

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Come on Accordance, the L competition already has this new volume available for preorder!

I hope we, too, get the surprise that is already available for purchase sometime before the year is over

Mark ... that is quite the tease  ;)

• Like 1

Tim, I think Mark is picking up the "tease the forum crew" behavior from Rick. There must be a scripture somewhere in Proverbs about the issue of teasing. ;)

Waiting impatiently for Keener's volume on John,

Joseph

• Like 3

There must be a scripture somewhere in Proverbs about the issue of teasing.

That is wishful thinking.

It is actually in Psalms.

"Judge them, O God; let them fall by their own schemes; in accordance" (Psa. 5:11 - NETS)

Edited by TYA
  • Like 4

Thank you, Toma, I will now look at Psalms much more closely. My preference to search for aphorisms has always been Proverbs and Ecclesiastes.

Learning new things every day, :)

Joseph

You won't have to wait too much longer :-)

Yes! I have all the volumes but one in Accordance and I’m not planning on duplicating this set on another software; so it’s great that it’s coming soon!

Thank you

• 2 weeks later...

Come on Accordance, the L competition already has this new volume available for preorder!

I hope we, too, get the surprise that is already available for purchase sometime before the year is over

I bet we can beat the "L competition" to release.

Screen%20Shot%202019-09-23%20at%2010.21.

• Like 7

I bet we can beat the "L competition" to release.

Screen%20Shot%202019-09-23%20at%2010.21.

Rick ... forever the tease ...

Now I am really looking forward to this week's sale/new releases

• Like 1

Now I am really looking forward to this week's sale/new releases

Sorry to be so cruel-hearted, but not this week; soon though.

Looks like I will be going "ad fontes" and listen to Craig Keener in person this weekend. He is scheduled to give a talk here in Sydney Sunday evening at St Andrews Roseville.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

Sorry to be so cruel-hearted, but not this week; soon though.

Hey, soon is good enough for me. Accordance 13 is coming soon and I’m ready for both! Besides, I’m not buying this volume from the competition, so even if they released it tomorrow it wouldn’t help me

Edited by Diatheke76
  • Like 1

Any news on this topic?

Hold that thought...

Surprise! ZIBBCNT with the new volume on John by Craig Keener is now available! Upgrade pricing for users with the previous volumes is also available.

Did we beat those other guys?

• Like 5

Thank you! It’s about to download to my library!

And yes, the other guys don’t even have a release date yet; so, you beat them

Edited by Diatheke76

Does this add anything not in the 2-vol. John commentary?

The two are very different. ZIBBCNT focuses almost exclusively on backgrounds issues and has a lot more illustrations.

Screen%20Shot%202019-11-03%20at%201.24.3

• Like 1

Does this add anything not in the 2-vol. John commentary?

If you have all his commentaries on John, then no. You would only be paying for the pictures. This volume is a lot of copy and paste from his other commentaries. I wanted to complete my set and have illustrations to go with it. So for me it adde a lot.

• Like 2

If you have all his commentaries on John, then no. You would only be paying for the pictures. This volume is a lot of copy and paste from his other commentaries. I wanted to complete my set and have illustrations to go with it. So for me it adde a lot.

Yes, I read that elsewhere