Allow highlights in Tools

TYA

I'm sure it's been requested before, but a brief search here turned up no existing requests for highlighting in Tools.  I was surprised that I can't apply highlights to the user-created tool, John Gill's commentary.

Hello TYA

You can. But you have first convert it to a regular tool with the gear button right above. Then you have also a better search etc. 

But you cannot edit the "regular tool". For this you have to open the User Tool from the "Old User Tool" folder. 

I guess you cannot overwrite to older regular tool with the newer regular tool and keep your highlights. This would be a feature request. 

BTW: "regular Tools" you can add to the Info Pane. So it comes up if a verse reference in the regular tool is matching. They work like the Grammar Tools, but not like the Commentaries or Study Bibles (this is possible in L, and hopefully soon on A). 

Greetings

Fabian

Edited by Fabian
  • Like 1

Thanks Fabian.  Great information as always.  In this case, it's way more advanced than where I am, and I don't use the Info Pane at all.  But good to know.