Audio

rcdeacon

A friend just purchased Accordance which he uses primarily on a iPhone. He asked me if Accordance would read texts since he uses another app to read text when he drives. Any help would be appreciated.

Currently the iOS app does not have any text-to-speech capability. It's on the list though.

Until then…

post-30445-0-45569600-1557521341_thumb.jpg

Wait, I have official capacity. Don't. Don't do that.

• Like 2

I dont think so and its been asked for previously.

There is the audio versions of the greek nt and hebrew bibles available in accordance which play on the iphone but are quite large files.

For an english translation, i ended up buying the david suchet version of the niv on cd and ripped that to iTunes for ipad and iphone, though there are other versions available and another bible translation software app has the additional function that plays back many translations.

We actually added support for text to speech a bit ago, but it seems this was temporarily broken in v3.0. We’ll try to get this fixed ASAP!

• Like 1

Thank you Joel and all the others for chiming in. I will pass the info along and wait for the fix!

Bob,

Speak Screen is currently the iOS accessibility element we use to speak the screen text. You can enable it in Settings->General->Accessibility->Speech->Speak Screen. Then, a two-finger swipe down from the top of the screen will enable the system to speak the text displayed on screen. I'm noticing a strange scroll issue with v3.0.1 that will need to get fixed, but the functionality of the text-to-speech is still there.

Hope that helps you and your friend.

I'm not seeing 3.0.1 in the app store. Is it still in beta?

Yes. Though we should be releasing it soon.

• Like 1

Thank you for the feedback Graham.