NIV84 Missing

TheBlueHombre

With the changeover for Accordance on my iPad it seems that NIV84 is not showing up in my list of texts. It is the one I primarily use for everything and it is not showing up on the list. If I switch to a different translation then NIV84 will show up on the recent texts that I’ve used but it is not on the list of all the texts that I have. How can I get this bag on the list? This just happened with the latest update.

post-11051-0-75629900-1557406769_thumb.png

Try purchasing the FREE upgrade from the NIV-G/K to the NIV-GK. It is the same exact product but with a different naming convention. Operating systems were having issues with the slash in the name. The old NIV-G/K (with the bothersome slash in the name) is no longer available for download.

Try purchasing the FREE upgrade from the NIV-G/K to the NIV-GK. It is the same exact product but with a different naming convention. Operating systems were having issues with the slash in the name. The old NIV-G/K (with the bothersome slash in the name) is no longer available for download.

A new purchase will not be the 1984 text correct?

This is the same 1984 text. The 2011 text of the NIV will always have NIV11 as part of the module name. (Can we take a moment of silence for the TNIV? Relegated to the dustbin of history. Even if you didn't care for it we just act like it never existed… ;) )

• Like 2

This is the same 1984 text. The 2011 text of the NIV will always have NIV11 as part of the module name. (Can we take a moment of silence for the TNIV? Relegated to the dustbin of history. Even if you didn't care for it we just act like it never existed… ;) )

True, but the new NIV 2011 is essentially the TNIV text; it is the 1984 text that has (for the most part) been truly lost.

Is this availble as a cross-grade?

I am assuming it is not availble for purchase?

Edited by miketisdell

The free "upgrade" is only for users who had purchased the NIV-G/K. The honest truth behind the changes are that this product was given a name before we supported library folders. Ever since doing so this module's name has been a thorn in our digital sides. The only difference between the two modules is the name. We hadn't forced the change on users before, but we've decided that, instead of coding checks for just this one module (in so many places…) we would finally deprecate it and let users know to download the "upgrade".

And the 1984 text is what lives in my heart, though it's not what I tend to use anymore. Just can't get all those years of memorization out of there. ;)

• Like 1

The 1984 NIV-G/K was only ever available on certain CDs from Zondervan (with Accordance). If you registered one of those CDs with us, you will now find the NIV-GK available for Easy Install instead. Zondervan no longer allow us to sell the 1984 edition, with or without the numbers.

• Like 1

I'll give you two moments of silence for the TNIV! Rest in Power, TNIV.

I have a good collection of study Bibles in paper format, but for the last few years, if I grab a paper version, it has been the Zondervan TNIV Study Bible. I appreciate the translation and notes related to practical principles for personal application, background information (archeology, history, geography), and descriptions and/or characterizations of a person or a people. The text is very much like the NIV 2011 translation, so it matches the text used in the services pretty well. All in all, just a nice handy bound organization of knowledge when I don't feel like using an electronic device.

—Joseph

• Like 1

The 1984 NIV-G/K was only ever available on certain CDs from Zondervan (with Accordance). If you registered one of those CDs with us, you will now find the NIV-GK available for Easy Install instead. Zondervan no longer allow us to sell the 1984 edition, with or without the numbers.

Yes, I originally purchased the NIV Study Bible Accordance software when Mac was on OS9.  I was on the phone with tech support a millennial ago to make sure the module transferred over with one of the upgrades in OSX.  I took Julie Palmer's suggestion and I'll see if it does the trick.  The purchase was flagged, even though it is a free download.