3.0 Crash after Sync

ct253

Summary: After syncing my library with my Mac Accordance version, Accordance iOS 3.0 crashes and will not open. The only solution is to uninstall and reinstall, which means I need to sync again, leading to a perpetual cycle.

--

I recently upgraded to iOS v. 3.0. Was super excited about being able to organize into folders, especially because I have a very intricate nested folder structure on my desktop. For example, Tools>Biblical Studies>New Testament>Jesus>Gospels.

(The other relevant point of note is that I have a whole lot of converted User Tools in my library. Before updating to 3.0, they all worked perfectly on iOS.)

When I sync, one of a couple of things happen.

1) Sometimes, the sync crashes part way through. I am then unable to open up the iOS app again. It goes the the splash screen and then stalls and crashes, every time I try. The only solution has been to uninstall, reinstall, which of course doesn't give me access to my converted user tools. If I try again, it crashes again.

2) Sometimes, I try to sync folder by folder. This works until part way through and then, as above, crashes and won't reopen. Need to reinstall. As far as I can tell, it is not one particular file/folder that is causing this crash.

3) Last night, a new one happened. I successfully synced all tools in one go, and it worked. It didn't preserve my folder structure. It just flattened it out and all of the sub-folders were in the main tools folder. So, I recreated the nesting structure and got my tools all organized. And then I opened the Common English Bible (your guys' module), and the whole thing crashed and, as with the other crashes, would not re-open.

I have no clue how to go about trying to fix this. I imagine that there is not a Safe Mode in the iOS version. What other possibilities are there?

Edited by ct253

ct253,

I'm sorry you've experienced this. We're looking into these issues and promise to push an update as soon as they are rectified.

• Like 1

I have found that removing all dividers and placing sub folders with books ahead of books not in folders greatly reduces unhappiness in mobile syncing.

—Joseph

That's odd, but thanks for the tidbit. I'll take a look at why that might help.

Graham, FYI

I've reloaded everything (a little bit at a time seemed to work) but sometimes when I click sync (dropbox) the app crashed and then reopens automatically to a previous module (not necessarily the last one that was open when the crash happened)... 

David,

We've definitely identified some issues with syncing. There was a fair amount of rewriting that occurred around supporting folders. Hoping to have a dot release for testing here very soon.

Thanks Graham, I'm debating whether i should tell you or not but perhaps it will help with the dot release... I had downloaded everything again and it was working fine, then, when I was arranging the order of the texts,  I noticed all the covers of the books in my text folder were missing the pictures (it just showed the generic brown icon for texts) so I closed the app and then reopened it. When I reopened it, all my content was deleted again.. 

Thanks Graham, I'm debating whether i should tell you or not but perhaps it will help with the dot release... I had downloaded everything again and it was working fine, then, when I was arranging the order of the texts,  I noticed all the covers of the books in my text folder were missing the pictures (it just showed the generic brown icon for texts) so I closed the app and then reopened it. When I reopened it, all my content was deleted again.. 

Yes that happened to me too

So there was an issue that was causing the modules folder to be deleted. The library structure was still available for the view which is why you could still interact with it. There will be a TestFlight beta posted very soon that should fix these issues.

• Like 2

I got the newest update 3.0.1 (3.0.0.11036) and I still get a crash on syncing with Mobile from my desktop. Initially when attempting the sync it crashed on the PhotoGuide Overview. I thought perhaps it could have been related to the size of the module. So I downloaded the update directly to my iPad. When I attempted a second sync with Mobile it crashed again. This time the module was Thompson's Chain Reference. It appears to crash on the last module being updated, so perhaps it is a refresh issue.