Link External Folder to Accordance?

TYA

Great day friends,

In another Bible software, I can right-click on a Bible verse within the program, and I have hyperlinked an option into that program which allows me to quickly pop open a folder in Windows containing some audio files (see attached).  Can I do something like this in Accordance, to save time whenever I want to access this folder with audio files?

Thank you

post-35231-0-37432000-1556595010_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Yes, this was a great feature in BibleWorks. It allowed external links to all sorts of things including sites like Perseus, Wikipedia, etc. It would be a good addition to Accordance.

You can link to files on your computer from a User Tool - see help Digging Deeper > Working with User Tools > Create Links in User Tools. I don't know of a way to do anything like that directly from a text.

Thx

D

Sure! Just create a User Note at that verse. Then you can link to a file or a folder on your drive.

Screen%20Shot%202019-04-30%20at%209.57.3

Screen%20Shot%202019-04-30%20at%209.57.4

• Like 2

To both D. and Mark:

It is great to know that I can create links in User Tools and User Notes, so thank you both for that.  But unless I'm mistaken, that would mean that I have to manually open that Tool / Note, or else have it open in order to access the link.  I'm looking for the least amount of steps possible.

The other thing is that in BW, I had access to open the link to my folder from *any* verse in the Bible.  Sure, I could have done more work and manually linked each specific verse to each specific audio file for that verse, but I didn't feel the need for that level of specificity (and work!).  I could just right-click on *any* verse, and open the master folder, then quickly navigate within it to the specific verse.

Unless I'm mistaken, based on what Mark said, I would have to create a User Note for each and every verse, then open the note manually, and *then* I would have access to the link.  But this won't work, because I move around in the text, and again, don't want to manually create a link for each and every verse.

Thanks all!

• Like 1

Since you don't care about associating a folder with a particular verse, then a User Tool would be better for your needs. You could create multiple links to the audio files, and then you wouldn't need to bother navigating. On a Mac, you could add the User Tool to the toolbar and access it with one click (hoping that feature will come to Windows soon!).

• Like 1

Thanks, Mark.  Yes, it would be nice to have such features for Windows.  But because of limited screen size, I've removed the toolbar from the top of the screen anyway.  And I wouldn't want to have to keep a User Tool open all the time.  Just some thoughts.  Thanks again.

Edited by TYA