Average of what?

vr8ce

I did a search, then opened a Table Bar Chart. The choices for display are three obvious things (Total Hits, Total Words, Total Verses) and one not very obvious at all thing, Average Hits.

Average of what? The help doesn't say, or at least I couldn't find it. I both clicked on the big ? Help button next to "Research", and clicked on Customize Display, then clicked on the ? on that dialog. Both just repeat the options without giving any explanation. (I say "Total Verses" is obvious, but only because the value made it so. I initially thought just from the wording that it was the total # of verses that had a hit. Which I would actually also like to know.)

Average per verse? Nope — total hits is 98, verses in the particular book I'm interested in is 859, and the average is 4.05. Not even close.

Average per word? Nope — words is in the thousands, no way average could be > 4.

Average of what?

Oh, wait, average/word is .004045. So "Average Hits" is average/1000 words.

I would encourage the above help to be updated to provide an explanation of what each of the options mean. Please don't make us guess at the meaning. (Or do math to figure it out, because MATH!)

Thanks!

Edited by vr8ce