Louw and Nida Volume 2

brianberl

In the Louw and Nida lexicon, I cannot find how to get to volume 2 to see the greek word and the various english glosses (along with domain number). 

Can anyone help me understand how to find volume two or get to the Greek-English index?

Thanks!

Hi, Brian!

We often don't include printed indexes, as they are generally much less complete than Accordance's search functions. Instead, I'd suggest searching for the Greek word (use the Greek Entry data field), then checking the number of hits in the tab header. Open the Table of Contents. Once you do, then use the navigation arrows to move from hit to hit. As you do, you'll notice that the domain in which the hit is found is highlighted.

Having run a search on a Greek word, you could also play with the Show Texts As setting to see different display options, showing either numbers or both numbers and corresponding subdomain titles. For the latter, go to the gear icon and select Show Text As --> Add Titles. If you want domain titles, the hyperlinked number to the left of the entry will give you that if you click on it or hover over it.

post-31802-0-44480600-1553109978_thumb.png

(Volume 2 as such is not part of the Accordance module.)

If you wanted to see all Greek words in the lexicon listed alphabetically (a browsable index, of sorts), you could set the search field to Greek Entry, then right-click, and choose Enter Word... to see a list. You can then select any of these words (one or more) to search.

post-31802-0-79515800-1553110026_thumb.png

We often don't include printed indexes, as they are generally much less complete than Accordance's search functions..

I have to say i like indexes

Used to them from years of using hard copy

I can find things

I come across things i wouldnt normally have looked for

I struggle with search, often i need to run it 3 or 4 times to find the words that return the search results i need, particularly if looking at titles to images etc.

Its nice to have both!!!!!

;o)

Edited by ukfraser
  • Like 3

Since this is an older resource in our library (and knowing UBS' past history with electronic texts), it is very doubtful that the index was provided to us. It is our standard practice now to include every portion of the publication, including indices. Given the extensive Greek, it is also not feasible for us to produce this ourselves, if the publisher cannot provide files to us.