Tying Mishnah and Talmud Windows

David Padfield

Maybe this isn't even possible, but I was hoping to tie my English Mishnah and Babylonian Talmud windows together, but I can't seem to do it. I have the "Tie Scrolling" option selected, but it doesn't seem to work. Is it possible to tie these two modules together, or am I doing something wrong?

post-18816-0-17258900-1551286920_thumb.png

I could be wrong, but I highly doubt that tie will work.  Moreover, the Talmud modules scroll on a tractate basis (e.g. Sanh 45a to Sanh 45b), which means one huge chunk at a time, as compared to Bible scrolling, which is more or less a line at a time.  Therefore, even if the tie you are asking about worked (and I doubt it does), the scrolling would still probably be really "clunky."  I find it frustrating, but I can imagine that it would take quite a bit of work to make it more "real time."  (I'm not trying to sound negative, but just to be helpful).

Edited by TYA

I see only one tab in this image - thus tying isn't an option. I see the two parallel panes. Are they versified (the Talmud and the Mishna) in the same way ? (Yes, showing my ignorance but there you go .) If not then I suspect, with Toma, that it won't work). The Mishna is a portion of the Talmud right ? If I'm even vaguely right and the versification over that portion is compatible it might work for that portion.

As an aside, there is a preference which I've run across before that will make a zone render a single tab like it is in your image - without the little projection up with tab name on it. Cannot remember what it's called, but it looks like you have it set.

EDIT: It's in Prefs -> Workspaces -> Hide tab area if only a single tab.

In any case I would open another tab in a different zone, to get them side by side (with the Talmud in it, as this one is the Mishna) and see if you have the option to tie them.

If the "Tie Scrolling" you are referring to is in the Parallel Tabs part of the preferences that is not for this function I don't think. It governs scrolling in parallel tools, like the synoptic parallels and so on.

Thx

D

Edited by דָנִיאֶל
  • Like 1

In my opinion it doesn't matter how difficult it would be to realize the programming!

Accordance is made, and I see this as a reason why software exist, that it should help the peoples. In this case the non professional. There are so many areas in Bible study, no one can be an expert on all, so if one is a beginner in one area Accordance should support it to manage the new challenges in unfamiliar areas. I don't want to say David is a non expert, I was talking more in general for all Accordance user and future potential users.

Conclusion: 

Accordance should develop the possibility to tying different modules which talks about the same.

I have done a lot of request in this: such as tying the Parallels module with a search Bible, tying the Compare List with the Bibles which I compare, Tying/scroll in parallel Baruch 6 and Letter Jeremiah, etc. to mention just was popping in my mind as I typed this list. There are possible more.

Greetings

Fabian

• Like 1

The Talmud is normally referenced by Folio and this is how the Original text of our Talmud is indexed, rather than by Mishna. Neusner's English translation is provided as a tool in two formats, one referenced by Folio that can be used in parallel with the original, and one referenced by Mishna that can be used in parallel with any of our Mishna modules.

That was the best that we could do given the complexity of the situation.

• Like 3

Where are the two formats for Neusner's Mishna translation?

I only see one in my library.

Thanks

The two formats are only needed for his Talmud Bavli: Talmud-N for the Mishna and T-BAV-EF for the Folio format.

• Like 1