Something is messed up.

Jesse Dornfeld

I can't narrow down the problem.

Sometimes I cannot scroll in Accordance neither close the application. I should note that when I had the Lite version of Accordance, which I have since upgraded, I had done some robust searches and this may have corrupted something, but I am not sure.

At first I thought this had to do with opening a new workspace, but now I see the problem can also happen when I enable live click and click on a word. To note, I have both the ESVS open in parallel with HMT-W4, but IDK if this makes a difference or not.

I cannot close the application, I cannot minimize it or maximize it, or scroll or do much of anything even though the application is open.

Is there a way to save my preferences so that I can uninstall the program and reinstall it to see if the problem persists?

Thanks,

Jesse D

Jesse,

If you just want to uninstall the program, you can answer 'yes' to the first question of 'are you sure...'; and 'No' to the second question - 'completely remove all the files'.  This will keep your content and settings as you have them right now.  

I doubt that it is the program.  Some preferences or settings for the program must be corrupted.

Best will be to contact tech support in the morning and have them help you.

Tech Support:  (407) 339-0266

support@accordancebible.com

• Like 1

Jesse,

If you just want to uninstall the program, you can answer 'yes' to the first question of 'are you sure...'; and 'No' to the second question - 'completely remove all the files'.  This will keep your content and settings as you have them right now.  

I doubt that it is the program.  Some preferences or settings for the program must be corrupted.

Best will be to contact tech support in the morning and have them help you.

Tech Support:  (407) 339-0266

support@accordancebible.com

Thanks.

Looks like I will have to contact support. I can't do anything with Accordance rn, not even uninstall the program. I can uninstall it through windows "uninstall a program" but I can't do it through Accordance.

Will have to contact support. In the meantime, I am trying to make sure there are no drivers or anything that are not installed on my PC. Just doing a basic check-up of my PC currently.

Just a quick question to clarify something.

Is it possible that my VPN is getting in the way with this?

Thanks,

Jesse D

Nope, not the VPN.

Curiously, the Cross-highlighting is about the only thing that works with Accordance rn.

Try starting the app and hold down the Alt key.  

This should start Accordance Safe Mode - where you can remove / disable some options.

First thing to try is remove the startup session.

Press OK and see if that solves the problem.

If the problem still exists, Remove 'General' settings is the option to try next.  This will remove some of the settings you made - that I think you indicated that you do not want to lose.

If you prefer to keep it, just wait for tech support.

Try starting the app and hold down the Alt key.  

This should start Accordance Safe Mode - where you can remove / disable some options.

First thing to try is remove the startup session.

Press OK and see if that solves the problem.

If the problem still exists, Remove 'General' settings is the option to try next.  This will remove some of the settings you made - that I think you indicated that you do not want to lose.

If you prefer to keep it, just wait for tech support.

I didn't do this, but I did get it working.

I had previously tried reinstalling Accordance several times including uninstalling it with Windows, but that didn't work. So what I did was delete all files and folders that have the word Accordance in them and then I reinstalled the program. I had to then go through the initial prompts like I was installing it for the first time ex. enter my username and password and ownership name. It seems to be working just fine now.

I do have one additional question though, and you can tell me if it works like this or not. I had renamed my "Accordance Preferences" to "Accordance Preferences Save" then I moved it to my desktop as a shortcut. I don't have the original, only the shortcut. But I was wondering if it were possible to add my preferences to Accordance from what I had previously saved.

Thanks,

Jesse D

Accordance is looking for the Accordance Preferences folder in C:\Users\YOUR NAME\AppData\Local\Accordance

Since you reinstalled, you probably have a new folder by that name.  When the program is NOT running, you can copy your old preferences files into that folder, but I suspect that one of these files is corrupted.

Maybe you should avoid copying the files with today or yesterday's date, just to be sure.

• Like 1

Accordance is looking for the Accordance Preferences folder in C:\Users\YOUR NAME\AppData\Local\Accordance

Since you reinstalled, you probably have a new folder by that name.  When the program is NOT running, you can copy your old preferences files into that folder, but I suspect that one of these files is corrupted.

Maybe you should avoid copying the files with today or yesterday's date, just to be sure.

Thanks.

I do have a theory on what messed up Accordance for me in the first place.

I was getting really fancy with the search function. I was doing this in Lite version, not the standard version which I now own. What I did was a search for 5 terms using the "<AND>" in between them all. Then I opened the hits graph and hit "Keep." Then I did the search for the same 5 terms only using the "<OR>" command in between them. Also to note was that I was using the Hebrew Key Numbers as searches. I think that messed something up. I don't think Accordance light was meant for that sort of thing.

I experienced by a friend a parallel issue. Also some other users in the forum. 

Here I'm definitely not happy with Accordance. If you have Installed the Lite version it should automatic become the full version if you enter the key code. "This" with download then the full version, without deleting before the Lite version or earlier the Demo is cruel and brings problems. Here have other Software developers definitely a better solution than Accordance. Here I wish a more seamless solution. 

Greetings

Fabian 

There is no need to delete the Lite version in order to upgrade it. It is exactly the same app, it just needs to validate the purchase of version 12, either from the Help menu, or by logging in with Easy Install and then restarting.

There is no need to delete the Lite version in order to upgrade it. It is exactly the same app, it just needs to validate the purchase of version 12, either from the Help menu, or by logging in with Easy Install and then restarting.

Hi, thanks for your post.

The order of these things seems to be unknown, so I will try and give a rundown.

1. I got Accordance Lite and downloaded it

2. I did some advanced searches which I am not sure Accordance Lite could handle because the Analytics is very limited in Lite version and I was looking at a bunch of Graphs that were stacked in the same window.

3. I purchased the "Hebrew Starter" + 'Systematic Theology'

4. I installed my new items.

5. I realized I had a problem with Accordance as previously talked about.

6. I tried reinstalling Accordance in several ways, but the problem persisted.

7. I deleted all files and folders that had the word "Accordance" in them and reinstalled Accordance.

8. Everything seems to be working fine regarding this matter now.

Thanks,

Jesse D

• Like 1