Need English Book/Chapter/Verse for Hebrew and Greek bibles.

Jesse Dornfeld

So I was wondering if it was possible to get the English references for the Book/Chapter/Verse for the Hebrew and Greek Bibles. I have highlighted what I want in English in the Screenshot.

post-35509-0-12839400-1550947338_thumb.png

Ctrl-T, click on "Advanced" and select "Use English Book Names"

And make sure you click on the "Use as Default" button.

• Like 1

Putting an English language text in parallel with it is probably the easiest way.

Thanks. Also wondering how I can get the Hebrew Bible to scroll with the English Bible.

Ctrl-T, click on "Advanced" and select "Use English Book Names"

And make sure you click on the "Use as Default" button.

Thanks.

I have some other questions as I get set up.

I don't have access to many commentaries at this point in time, but I think I have one that comes with the Hebrew Starter. My question is how do I get the Hebrew and English Bibles to scroll with a commentary?

Open a bible first, then click on the "Add parallel" button. 

Screen%20Shot%202019-02-23%20at%202.05.2

Thanks mark, beat me to it, though i use the little cog wheel above the text title bar (instead of control t)

• Like 1

I'm at 1,179 posts and am trying to catch up with you ukfraser :-)

• Like 3

Open a bible first, then click on the "Add parallel" button. 

Screen%20Shot%202019-02-23%20at%202.05.2

Thanks. Is there a way to sync up all of these so they scroll at exactly the same time? I realize this would require a different size of texts but that doesn't matter to me.

Thanks mark, beat me to it, though i use the little cog wheel above the text title bar (instead of control t)

Thanks, this is helpful since I prefer using a mouse instead of the Keyboard.

You will find Accordance runs on steroids, if you open preferences (i think its at the bottom of edit on windows) you will find options for settings that will keep you entertained for hours. Dr j had a great podcast on this for an earlier version but much is still relevant.

I think every parralel you add is automatically tied and they will be on the same tab. If you open a new tab, right clicking on it will enable you to tie that to another text in a different tab.

Font size shouldnt be a problem.

• Like 1

They scroll on verse basis. 

Jesse on the homepage the is a Getting Started button, left of the FB and Twitter buttons. I'm sure this will help you to get fast deeper in Accordance. 

Greetings

Fabian

Edited by Fabian
  • Like 1

You will find Accordance runs on steroids, if you open preferences (i think its at the bottom of edit on windows) you will find options for settings that will keep you entertained for hours. Dr j had a great podcast on this for an earlier version but much is still relevant.

I think every parralel you add is automatically tied and they will be on the same tab. If you open a new tab, right clicking on it will enable you to tie that to another text in a different tab.

Font size shouldnt be a problem.

Yes, I am playing around with the settings currently. Definitely, a lot to organize at first. I've found something that works for me in terms of scrolling and text size that I like, will post a screenie of that. For the Hebrew Bible, it's a font size of 18 (which is default) with a line spacing of 15%. For the English Bible (I use the ESV) I use the Lato Medium font at a size of 12 for the Contents and for the References I use Arial font at a size of 12 and the line spacing is 20%. It seems to be good enough for the time being.

They scroll on verse basis. 

Jesse on the homepage the is a Getting Started button, left of the FB and Twitter buttons. I'm sure this will help you to get fast deeper in Accordance. 

Greetings

Fabian

Thanks, I will take a look at Getting Starter.

post-35509-0-50890400-1550949817_thumb.png

Edited by Jesse D

You have here also a Training manual. https://www.accordancebible.com/Documentation/

Also in your Accordance Library are Tools like:

https://www.accordancebible.com/store/details/?pid=Dr.+J%27s+BSM 

https://www.accordancebible.com/store/details/?pid=Getting+Started  I suggested this to make a tool in Accordance. 

https://www.accordancebible.com/store/details/?pid=Keener-Context

BiblicalTraining.org Collection

So before you buy a lot you have to read enough.

Greetings

Fabian

Edited by Fabian
  • Like 1

You have here also a Training manual. https://www.accordancebible.com/Documentation/

Also in your Accordance Library are Tools like:

https://www.accordancebible.com/store/details/?pid=Dr.+J%27s+BSM 

https://www.accordancebible.com/store/details/?pid=Getting+Started  I suggested this to make a tool in Accordance. 

https://www.accordancebible.com/store/details/?pid=Keener-Context

BiblicalTraining.org Collection

So before you buy a lot you have to read enough.

Greetings

Fabian

Indeed. What's the point in getting "a lot" if you don't know how to use it?

Lots of resources available for learning the Accordance software. I think I will start with Dr. J's video podcast series because I have watched a few of them and found a lot of value from them. Plus, I am more of a visual learner anyway so this is a good option for me I think.

• Like 1

I've started also with the Podcasts, but the Training Manual support it. 

Later I found an old German manual, but with nearly no images and this was too hard to understand what they really want to say. Even as a German speaker. 

There is also an electronic quiz which Dr. J. created to learn Accordance but I didn't found it. Maybe he can jump in. 

Greetings

Fabian

I know the training manual is for the previous version and we are 'encouraged' to use the on line help, but i much prefer the way the training manual is set out and structured rather than continually having to click on page links. And it still covers about 85% of the current version.

And just a Short time ago, we were reading a hard copy of the bible...

Edited by ukfraser

And just a Short time ago, we were reading a hard copy of the bible...

This is particularly relevant to me as I am just getting into the swing of this as a new user of Accordance. I had previously been trying to study the same types of things in a physical copy of a single bible looking at the references that were very lacking. Accordance is leagues about doing that type of thing.

One more question for the time being. How do I get cross-highlighting to work?

Cross-highlighting relies on having a key numbered modern language text in parallel with an original language text, say NA28 Greek NT with ESVS in parallel.

Thx

D

Cross-highlighting relies on having a key numbered modern language text in parallel with an original language text, say NA28 Greek NT with ESVS in parallel.

Thx

D

Thanks,

I have already done that and it's not working.

post-35509-0-15192200-1550975552_thumb.png

Edited by Jesse D

ESVi is not a tagged text. The tagged texts are suffixed with S, so ESVS, RSVS, or called xxxxxx with Strongs or similar for eg. NASB with Strongs.

Thx

D

ESVi is not a tagged text. The tagged texts are suffixed with S, so ESVS, RSVS, or called xxxxxx with Strongs or similar for eg. NASB with Strongs.

Thx

D

Still isn't working for me, even with the ESVS.

Appreciate you trying to point me in the right direction.

post-35509-0-62279500-1550976804_thumb.png

Edited by Jesse D

I don't have cross-highlighting de-selected either.

post-35509-0-14340800-1550977758_thumb.png

It looks like you have HMT-DEMO in use for the ID content. That probably shouldn't be an issue but in case it is you could switch it to the HMT-W4. Go to Preferences->Compare Text -> Source Texts -> Old Testament and choose the HMT-W4 text.

Failing that I'll check my Windows install, as you are on Windows.

Thx

D

• Like 1

I have tried several options under "Preferences > Compare Text" and none seem to fix the issue.

post-35509-0-00373200-1550978836_thumb.png

post-35509-0-62407400-1550978848_thumb.png

Again, I appreciate the help. I'm getting a bit frustrated at this point since it's looking to be a software glitch or something.